Come celebrate all things kids and bikes at the GBNEMBA Kids Mountain Biking Festival. The festival will be held at Mary Cummings Park, 16 Blanchard Rd, Burlington. (Across from 8 Blanchard Rd.)
Enjoy biking, arts & crafts, food and much more.
** Mary Cummings Park is also home to the RC Flyers, an organization that flys remote controlled planes. The group has offered kids 12+ the chance to fly a beginner plane. Our rides / arrowed loops will swing by the field so you can see the planes in action. **
Schedule of Events
- 9:00am - 11:00am: Sign-in
- 9:45am : Led Rides
- 10:15am: Led Rides
- 11am - 1pm: Skill building on skinnys, low jumps, etc.
- 11:30am: Balance Bike Race
- 11:45am: Bike Limbo Contest
- 10am - noon: Arts and Crafts (including Pumpkin Decorating)
- Noon: BBQ lunch provided by Cycle Loft
- 12:30pm: Swag raffle (must be present to win)
- 12:45pm : Raffle for Kids!! (must be present to win)
We will have a short coned course perfect for training wheels and balance bikes.
The led Kids Rides are designed for children ages 5-15. Based on the skill levels of the participants, we will break into two groups: one for kids who have more experience with riding, and a second group for beginners. All we ask is no training wheels on the led rides BUT we will have a short marked course for training wheels.
No preregistration is required. If you have any questions about the Kids’ Rides please contact Andrea Jones.
GBNEMBA Kids Ride Series
- May 5 - (Sunday) MBAS @Fells / Kids Ride
- June 1 - (Saturday) Burlington Town Day @LLF / Kids Ride
- July 14 - (Sunday) Kids Ice-cream Ride @GBF
- Aug 18 - (Sunday) @Rock Meadow - Belmont
- Sept 21 - (Saturday) Ice-cream Reboot Kids Ride @Dow **Joint GB / NS NEMBA**
- Oct 20 - (Sunday) Mountain Bike Kids Festival @Mary Cummings Park
- Dec 1- (Sunday) Toys for Tots / Kids Ride @Fell
Why we offer rides: These rides allow children to have fun while enjoying the outdoors and getting some fitness. In addition to learning some biking skills, kids are taught respect for the parks, trails, and other trail users. The rides are well staffed and every safety precaution will be observed. Parents are welcome on the ride but not required.
Riders (parents and kids) must have a serviceable bike, properly fitted helmet, and water for the ride. All riders must wear closed-toed shoes - no flip flops or sandals.