Sunday, October 14
GBNEMBA will once again be celebrating all things kids and bikes by hosting a Kids Mountain Biking Festival at the Middlesex Fells, Sheepfold Parking Lot. This event also marks the National Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day.
Come join us for some biking, arts & crafts, food and much more.
Schedule of Events
- 9:00am - 11:00am: Sign-in
- 9:45am : Led Rides
- 10:15am: Led Rides
- 11am - 1pm: Stunts demo/ learning
- 11:30am: Balance Bike Race
- 11:45am: Bike Limbo Contest
- 10am - noon: Arts and Crafts (including Pumpkin Decorating)
- Noon: BBQ lunch provided by Cycle Loft
- 12:30pm: Swag raffle (must be present to win)
- 12:45pm : Kid Bike raffle !! 24" Cannondale Cujo (must be present to win) Donated by Cannondale Bikes.
* We will have a short coned course perfect for training wheels and balance bikes.
The Kids Rides are designed for children ages 5-15. Based on the skill levels of the participants, we typically break into two groups: one for kids who have more experience with riding, and a second group for beginners. All we ask is no training wheels on the led rides BUT we will have a short marked course for training wheels.
No preregistration is required. If you have any questions about the Kids’ Rides please contact Andrea Jones.
GBNEMBA Kids Ride Series
- May 6 - (Sunday) MBAS @Fells / Kids Ride
- June 9 - (Saturday) Burlington Town Day @LLF / Kids Ride
- July 15 - (Sunday) Kids Ice-cream Ride @GBF
- Aug 18 - (Saturday) @Rock Meadow - Belmont
- Sept 9 - (Sunday) MBAS @GBF/Kids ride **MVNEMBA** - Cancelled
- Sept 15 - (Saturday) Ice-cream Reboot Kids Ride @Dow **Joint GB / NS NEMBA**
- Oct 14 - (Sunday) Mountain Bike Kids Festival @Fells
- Nov 25 - (Sunday) Toys for Tots / Kids Ride @Fell
These rides allow children to have fun while enjoying the outdoors and getting some fitness. In addition to learning some biking skills, kids are taught respect for the parks, trails, and other trail users. The ride will be well staffed and every safety precaution will be observed. Parents are welcome on the ride but not required.
Riders (parents and kids) must have a serviceable bike, properly fitted helmet, and water for the ride. All riders must wear closed-toed shoes - no flip flops or sandals.
Click here for GoogleMap Directions