Barre Awesome Ride!
Sunday October 2, 2022
8:00 AM- 4:00 PM
425 Oakham Rd, Barre, MA 01005
Pre-registration open until Saturday, October 1st at 12pm
- $10 member
- $25 non-member pre-registration
On-site registration open Sunday, October 2 from 8-10am
- $20 member
- $40 non-member day of registration
We’re hosting our first-ever chapter fun ride on the Barre trail network with local trails, bike demos, food, beer, and music!
● 8am event opens, on-site registration open until 10am.
● Brynne’s Bread - local bakery will supply fresh coffee, awesome cinnamon rolls, and pastries for breakfast
● Advanced led ride leaves 8:45am
● Intermediate led ride leaves 9:30am
● Beginner/intermediate led ride leaves 10am
● Self-guided rides for 3 ability levels available to ride, recommend all riders depart by 10:30am.
● Alta Vista Farm and Milk Room Brewery will be serving lunch & beer from their food truck
● Specialized eMTB demo fleet will be there and we’ll have a demo loop marked
The Barre (rhymes with “very”) trails are a huge success story: shut out of trails on state lands, mountain bikers approached local private landowners and the town for permission to build and ride singletrack.
The result is over 25 miles (and counting: 3 new trails built in the last few weeks by volunteers!) of trail across a dozen landowners, and it’ll all be open for this event. We will be celebrating the landowners and volunteers who made it possible and opening it all up for you with local businesses helping make the event a success.
Be aware that these trails have a fair amount of challenge, we will do our best to lay out beginner/intermediate-friendly options but there will be rocks, roots, and wall crossings like most places in the hills of Central Mass. A-lines will have bypasses where possible. Don’t be alarmed, we just want to be up front.
Kids 15 and under ride free with a registered parent or guardian.
Total cap for event: 250