Cape Cod NEMBA will be having a Clip & Ride at Higgins Crowell on Sunday 7/10.
We will meet at the Sandy Pond conservation area, parking near the tennis courts, at 474 Buck Island Road in Yarmouth.
The plan is to go for a ride and stop frequently to reduce this year's vegetation encroachment.
We plan to be out for a couple of hours. Half riding and half clearing. There's a lot to do.
Some of the areas of concern are on this map.
1. The loop around Little Sandy Pond near where we'll meet.
2. The east end of the L/B/E (“Ladies”) trail
3. The Hidden Pond trail (just west of Higgins Crowell and north of the power lines
4. Bigfoot trail (mostly the northern end)
5. The little loops just north of Horse Pond (HC21 loop and parts of HC21)
6. Western parts of East-West trail
(We won't get to them all on this ride.)
Hope to see you there. You don't have to be a NEMBA member to help out.
But everone needs to sign NEMBA's Annual Waiver if they haven't already done so.
Bring: Small hand loppers, bug spray and a smile. This will be fun.