Wednesday, February 5, 2020
The New England Mountain Bike Association (NEMBA) is looking to expand its administrative team by adding a part time administrative professional to deal with the day to day operational functions of the organization. This is a new position that is being created to support the organization’s Executive Director. The position will be part- to full-time depending on work demands.
This position is ideal for a self-starter with strong organizational and administrative skills who appreciates some flexibility in their working hours.
Applicants should send their resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NEMBA is a nationally recognized regional recreational trails advocacy organization, with 30 local chapters throughout New England, and nearly 8,000 members. Our mission is to promote the best that mountain biking has to offer, steward the trail systems where we recreate, and preserve open space. We are an educational 501 (c)(3) non-profit.
Working with our local chapters, NEMBA leads nearly a thousand mountain bike rides each season, organizes a variety of skills clinics and trail building schools, and advocates for mountain biking and recreational trails. We build and maintain recreational trails, and donate over 8,000 hours of volunteerism to local parks throughout New England.
We work with key leaders and land managers to protect our sport - and provide opportunities for our members to support the trails and the sport they love.
- Answer phones
- Processing Memberships, fulfillment, and reminder mailings
- Schedule appointments and maintain calendars
- Schedule and coordinate staff and other meetings
- Retrieve, sort, and distribute mail
- Prepare communications, such as memos, emails, invoices, reports, and other correspondence
- Write and edit documents such as letters, reports, and instructional documents
- Create and maintain filing systems, both electronic and physical
- Manage accounts and perform bookkeeping, including payroll. QuickBooks or comparable experience a plus.
- College degree
- 5 years of experience working in an office administrative position
- Drivers license (some duties will require minor transportation responsibilities)
- Experience with office productivity software such as Microsoft Office
- Experience with using database applications
- Passion for mountain biking and the outdoors is strongly preferred
- Decision-making: Ability to make independent decisions on a daily basis, addressing the best way to handle specific tasks.
- Communications and collaboration: Ability to collaborate with other support personnel, management, members and the general public on a regular basis.
- Client Facing: Ability to represent the organization and create positive interactions with members and the general public.
- Self Organized: Ability to work independently on a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Organizational skills: Organization and prioritization are the core elements of this position. You must know how to keep yourself and others organized, and manage a broad range of tasks and deadlines. .
- Writing: Accurate and effective writing skills are essential. Must be proficient in a variety of writing styles: creative, professional, technical,educational, and more.