6/4/17 (All day)
When: Sign-in opens at 8:30AM. Work starts 9:00AM. We will work from 9AM to 1:00PM or when complete Some work will start at 7:30AM - details below.
What to Bring: Snack, water, bug-repellant, work gloves, & wear pants and sturdy shoes (work boots).
Work Description: We will be building a replacement 96' Bridge out of pressure treated lumber. The old bridge has been removed and we will start with a clear work area.
We need helpers for the following work stations:
7:30 AM Early Start Group: (Note this may be something we coordinate for Saturday June 3 Afternoon, RSVP if you can help)
- Chop Saw Station. 3 people to help run a chop-saw station. This group will cut up bridge decking into 4' lengths to be staged into the worksite.
- Bridge Footing Chop station. 2 people to help with chainsaw station cutting 6X6 PT into 5' lengths for bridge footings. 3 people (including 1 saw operator)
- Bridge Footing and Beam Transport to work site. 4-6 people to carry in bridge beams and set at worksite. It's a very short distance from Chickatawbut Rd.
- Bridge Build Site Build - 4-6 people (primarily skilled trail bridge builders) to install footings and construct beams for bridge.
- Bridge Build Decking install - 3-4 people working with impact screw-guns installing decking across the span.
We will bring a generator (with extra fuel) and power strip for work site power needs. (If anyone has a big generator we can use as backup, please send me a note)We will furnish a chop saw for cutting up the decking.
Blue Hills Reservation, Milton, MA
ChapterGreater Boston SE Mass