|Submitted by Alex Sokolow
- Hamden/New Haven, CT
- Easy:40%, Moderate:40%, Difficult:20%, Caution:0%
- West Rock is a seven mile ridge. If you stay at the top or bottom of the ridge the
trails are fairly easy ranging from dirt roads around Lake Wintergreen to nice
singletrack. Any time you try to climb up or down the ridge you encounter moderate to
difficult terrain. There are also a couple of monster climbs and great views from the
South end of the Park which looks out over New Haven and Long Island Sound.
- Interactive Trail Map
- CT DEEP page for West Rock
- From the Parkway, take exit 60. Turn south on Dixwell Ave. (right off ramp). Turn right
onto Benham St. at the Diner. Follow Benham to the end. Turn Left onto Main St. At a sharp
left in the road, Lake Wintergreen parking lot will be on your right.
- The Blue blazed trail is closed to bikes, as is the violet, but there are plenty more
available! Maps are available indicating all open trails at the Sleeping Giant HQ,
200 Mt Carmel Ave.
The Park is open 8am til sunset, and parking is available at Lake Wintergreen.
NEMBA Chapter & NEMBA Shops CT NEMBA Benidorm Bikes, Canton CT Danielson Adventure Sports, Danielson CT EMS, Inc., Fairfield CT EMS, Inc., Manchester CT EMS, Inc., Simbury CT EMS, Inc., Stamford CT Newington Bicycle, Newington CT North Haven Bike, North Haven CT Rose City Cycle, Bozrah CT