- West Hartford, CT
- (860) 242-7706 Extension 3910
- Easy:35%, Moderate:35%, Difficult:30%, Caution:0%
- The MDC's West Hartford Reservoir complex is one of central Connecticut's best known riding area. It is a large area laced with many miles of paved roads, dirt roads and singletracks. Trails for all ability levels and ages can be mixed together to create the perfect ride for almost anyone. Some of the singletrack trails are quite difficult. Others have rhythm, flowing down hills and around corners in a way that makes the surrounding woodlands seem like you were watching them on a movie screen rather than from the seat of a bouncing bicycle.
Whatever your passion for riding you'll be able to satisfy it at the "Res".
You can pick up an official trail map at the MDC's West Hartford Reservoir administration building from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm weekdays. In addition these are very good MAPS
- MDC's web page. CT NEMBA
- Take I-84 to Exit 39 (Route 4). At the end of the ramp take a right at the light onto Route 4 East. At the sixth light (a distance of 2 ½ miles) take a left into the Facility.
- Some of the trails are closed to mountain bikes. All of the trails are heavily used. Expect to encounter hikers, trail runners and families on foot.
NEMBA Chapter & NEMBA Shops CT NEMBA Benidorm Bikes, Canton CT Danielson Adventure Sports, Danielson CT EMS, Inc., Fairfield CT EMS, Inc., Manchester CT EMS, Inc., Simbury CT EMS, Inc., Stamford CT Newington Bicycle, Newington CT North Haven Bike, North Haven CT Rose City Cycle, Bozrah CT