Submitted by Mark Frias
- 201 Slades Corner Road, Dartmouth, MA
508-991-2289 (Dartmouth Natural Resources Trust)
- Destruction Brook Woods is a 280-acre property owned by the Dartmouth Natural Resources Trust (DNRT). The property contains approximately 8 miles of well-marked trails and a few more miles of unmarked trails. These multi-use trails are relatively smooth and easy to ride, which make them more ideal for novices. If you are looking for very technical and challenging trails, then this is not the place for you, but if you are looking for a fun, easy to moderate ride with nice scenery, then this is the place to come. Be sure to check out the historic Davoll's General Store before and/or after your ride.
Typical Sign Markers
- Map DNRT Website
Nearby NEMBA Shops & Links International Bicycle Centers Bike Barn Dave's Bike Infirmary Wheelworks Landry's EMS The Bikeway Source SEMASS NEMBA
- To parking lot on Slade's Corner Road: Take the Faunce Corner Road exit 12 on I-195 for those traveling east bound, and exit 12A for those traveling west bound. From the intersection of Faunce Corner Mall Road and Route 6, go south on Old Westport Road, then bear left onto Chase Road to its end. Go right on Russells Mills Road and follow 1 mile to Russells Mills Village. At Davoll's General Store, take a right onto Slades Corner Road. The Destruction Brook Parking lot will be on your right after about 1 mile.
- 1. Please stay on existing trails only.
2. Please be considerate of other visitors and reduce your speed or stop upon approaching walkers, dogs, or horses.
3. Please respect any signs regarding trail closures or reserve closed areas.
4. No fires. No consumption or possession of alcohol. No hunting, trapping, or possession of firearms. No littering, including in the parking lot - and please carry out any trash you might find. No motorized vehicles of any kind. No removal of vegetation, rocks or any other material from the property. No paintball. No metal detecting. No conduct that disrupts the tranquility of the area or its enjoyment by others. No unauthorized commercial activities.