Come join NEMBA for a special Kids Ride at Great Brook Farm on Sunday July 16. After a fun filled ride NEMBA would like to treat everyone who participated to join us for a ice cream at the Great Brook Farm Ice Cream Parlor. Kids Rides are a great way for kids and teens to build strong bodies, build confidence, have tons of fun and enjoy being outside! The Kids Rides are designed for children ages 6-15. Based on the skill levels of the participants, we typically break into two groups: one for kids who have more experience with riding, and a second group for beginners. All we ask is no training wheels. No registration is required. This is a free event. If you have any questions about the Kids Rides please contact Andrea Jones.
NEMBA KIDS RIDE SERIES
- May 6 - Kona GBNEMBA Ride at Middlesex Fells, Medford
- June 10 - LandLock Forest, Estabrook Elementary School, Lexington
- July 16 - 4th Annual Ice-cream ride at Great Brook Farm, Carlisle
- Aug 19 - Beaver Brook North, Belmont
- Sept 10 - Kona MVNEMBA Ride at Great Brook Farm, Carlisle
- Sept 24 - Ride and post Ice-Cream at Dow Brook Conservation Area, Ipswich
- Oct 15 - Kids Mountain Biking Festival, Middlesex Fells, Medford http://nemba.org/rides/kids-mountain-biking-fest
- Nov 25 - Toys for Tots Ride, Middlesex Fells, Stoneham
These rides allow children to have fun while enjoying the outdoors and getting some fitness. In addition to learning some biking skills, we teach respect for the parks, trails, and other trail users. The ride will be well staffed and every safety precaution will be observed. Parents are welcome on the ride but not required. Riders must have a serviceable bike, properly fitted helmet, and water for the ride. All riders must wear closed-toed shoes - no flip flops or sandals. Snacks will be provided!