Monday, May 15, 2017
GBNEMBA presents the 2017 Kids MTB Ride Series.
Mountain Biking is a GREAT way for kids and teens to build strong bodies, build confidence, have a ton of fun and enjoy being outside!
The Kids Rides are designed for children ages 6-15 who can ride without training wheels. Based on the skill levels of the participants, we typically break into two groups: one for kids who have more experience with riding, and a second group for beginners. All we ask is no training wheels.
NEMBA KIDS RIDE SERIES 2017 SCHEDULE
- May 6 - Kona GBNEMBA Ride at Middlesex Fells, Medford
- June 10 - LandLocked Forest (Burlington), Parking at Estabrook Elementary School, Lexington
- July 16 - 4th Annual Ice-cream ride at Great Brook Farm, Carlisle
- Aug 19 - Beaver Brook North, Belmont
- Sept 10 - Kona MVNEMBA Ride at Great Brook Farm, Carlisle
- Sept 24 - Ride and post Ice-Cream at Dow Brook Conservation Area, Ipswich
- Oct 7 - National Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day, Middlesex Fells, Medford
- Nov 25 - Toys for Tots Ride, Middlesex Fells, Stoneham
These rides allow children and teens to have fun while enjoying the outdoors and getting some fitness. In addition to learning some biking skills, we teach respect for the parks, trails, and other trail users. The ride will be well staffed and every safety precaution will be observed. Parents are welcome on the ride but not required. Riders must have a serviceable bike, properly fitted helmet, and water for the ride. All riders must wear closed-toed shoes - no flip flops or sandals. Snacks will be provided!