Tuesday, April 15, 2014
The riding around Boston is just starting to come online as we warm up and dry out and its going to be great! For 2014, GBNEMBA is expanding the weekliy rides available to you based on your feedback. So here you go!
- Monday Night Beginner/Novices ride at Beaver Brook North on Lexington/Waltham. This series is aimed at *new* MTB'rs with little or no experience riding singletrack.
- Monday Night PYT at Russell Mills in Chelmsford. This year, we're continuing the partnership with our MVNEMBA brethren and continue our Practice Your Technique skill-building rides at the pump track and on the trails. Special post-ride bonus will be food graciously provided by the awesome folks at JRA Cycles!
- Wednesday Night Social Ride at the Fells. Open to all - no drop, multiple groups (Mellow, Intermediate, Advanced)- social and fun!
- Thursday Night Social Ride at the Landlocked Forest. Open to all - no drop, multiple groups (Mellow, Intermediate, Advanced)- social and fun!
- Ride Like a Girl! Back in its 4th season, this amazing women-only progressive skill building series will be kicking off in May and continue monthly through October. Pre-registration and NEMBA membership required.
- Sunday Grom Rides - coming back this year rides tailored to building MTB skills and tiring out your 13-18 year old groms! There will be a series of 5 of these in May and June and will be at 5 different great riding locations (Russell Mills, Harold Parker, Landlocked Forest, Vietnam, Georgetown)
- Kids Rides - also back this year, these awesome rides for any kids/young teens (and moms & dads, too!) will be monthly in May, June, July, Augist and October.
All of the adult rides start time is 6:00pm and rides go out by 6:15pm. Please be prompt and ready to go. All rides require helmets. Rain policy: drizzle/passing showers/light rain wont cancel the ride. Steady rain and/or thunder & lighting will cancel. Assume all rides are ON - we will only post if a ride is canceled. Cancelations will be posted on the GBNEMBA chapter page here at nemba.org and we will make every effort to post to Facebook, forums, etc. Available scheduled rides can be found at www.nemba.org/rides