+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: shhhh

Default shhhh

Quieter in here then I remember.

I think most of the conversations have moved over to FB

But I thought this was THE forum? Isn't Facebook just for posting pics of pets and kids?
    Last edited by pulsepro; May 12th, 2014 at 06:48 AM.
    In some mysterious way woods have never seemed to me to be static things. In physical terms, I move through them; yet in metaphysical ones, they seem to move through me.
    John Fowles

Wow havent been on here in couple years real quite

ya,.. it takes a few people working at it to keep a forum going these days.. sucks with Facebook as it's fast and easy, but any actually important info is disorganized and gets lost.
    Always wear a Helmet and Glasses when riding!!

Southeastern CT NEMBA with trial locations, trail reports, and list of local events...
    www.sectnemba.org
    SECT NEMBA on Facebook..
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/585044744912146/

This forum is OVER. It should be renamed as it clearly isn't "the forum." Apparently it's lived its useful life is ready to be euthanized.
    In some mysterious way woods have never seemed to me to be static things. In physical terms, I move through them; yet in metaphysical ones, they seem to move through me.
    John Fowles

AM 6 inch travel 26 inch wheeled bikes killed Busted Spoke, and 29er and Fatbikes killed this site. I'm waiting for 27.5 to save the industry and bring back the glory days of cycling forums. I'm holding my breath.................I'm still holding my breath. Ah forget it, nobody cares. Anything you need to know about bikes can be found on Google paired with a how-to vid on Youtube. We don't need to talk to each other anymore, too much work to post up a question and wait for an answer, we have smart phones (some of us) and texting, we 'trained' ourselves into instant gratification. We suck!!!!!!!
    Slaphead Mofo Leisure Team
    Sunday River Bike Park

Forums in general are dying as Twitter and Facebook are more personal, frequently used, and add a level of accountability to the user. Remember "trolls"? That doesn't happen as much when your name is on it!

I was wondering how the NEMBA forum was and wasn't surprised to see it quite quiet here. I don't think it's anything about the industry or the forum -- it's just a medium that isn't as powerful as it once was.
    blue Trek Fuel FS
    Red Subaru Forester

Quote Originally Posted by pulsepro View Post
    But I thought this was THE forum? Isn't Facebook just for posting pics of pets and kids?
    'like'

I say we all just start posting here and screw crappy Facebook..
    Always wear a Helmet and Glasses when riding!!

Southeastern CT NEMBA with trial locations, trail reports, and list of local events...
    www.sectnemba.org
    SECT NEMBA on Facebook..
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/585044744912146/

+ Reply to Thread