+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cordless chain saws...?

Default Cordless chain saws...?

Hey, anyone else tried these new cordless chainsaws... I just got one back at thanksgiving.. I got out today and played with it a bit.. Got to say it's exceeded my expectations.... I'll probably do a write up on my blog later after a bit more use.. but I got to say,.. for $200 (like $160 for the same unit with a wimpier battery)

now it's not a "woodland clearing" tool... but for the basic large branch/small tree after the storm clean up tool, It'll work!
    I cut a "tree" (good 9 inches Dia) down and into a 3 manageable pieces,. walked down my short trail to the mailbox (about 1/8 mile long) clearing downed branches, clipping back small (1" dia or so,) brush and crap. Couple of larger branches (4-6") and cut them up into small logs.. bla bla bla.. good hour of use easy.. Still had 1/2 charge.

Pretty impressed!!

Greenworks.jpg
    Always wear a Helmet and Glasses when riding!!

Southeastern CT NEMBA with trial locations, trail reports, and list of local events...
    www.sectnemba.org
    SECT NEMBA on Facebook..
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/585044744912146/

Try a silky gomboy or other silky saw, impressive. Runs on bacon, eggs and beer.
    SS rule the dirt!

Quote Originally Posted by leebo View Post
    Try a silky gomboy or other silky saw, impressive. Runs on bacon, eggs and beer.
    ya.. anything under like 4 inches.. sure they will do the bigger diameter, but I don't have the time nor the joint structure to deal with hand cutting big stuff.. or to put it in simple terms.. to friggin old for that crap

Southeastern CT NEMBA with trial locations, trail reports, and list of local events...
    www.sectnemba.org
    SECT NEMBA on Facebook..

I have a B+D cordless with a few batts. It works well. I usually ride to the spots that need work with it in a backpack but it wears me out pretty fast. I'm thinking of a rack to hold it.
    I was just over at Nehantic S.F. there's a bunch of big limbs on one trail, perfect for a cordless, no noise at all. Mine was $90 I think, it's been a few years at least. Extra batts. $40 each. Also bought a better charger $30
    Wasn't that a mighty storm
    It blew the people all away

OK,.. here's the 1st impressions write up on Trail Tire TV's blog.

http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/2014...rail-work.html

www.sectnemba.org
    SECT NEMBA on Facebook..

nice idea but limited in use, very heavy, battery life can't match bacon or ben&jerrys power

saw, silky bigboy 2000 folding. 14 inches

12 inch oak blowdowns or bigger

actual sawing time, per 12 inch cut, under 1min30secs with good position.

age? I am about 100, with severe 24x7 shoulder pain. silky does the work, my shoulder just steers

silky saw will cut through a car, a refrigerator, a tire, u name it. trees drop just being shown the blade
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Goodbye,
    (4S,4aR,5S,5aR,6R,12aS)-4-(dimethylamino)- 3,5,10,12,12a-pentahydroxy- 6-methyl- 1,11-dioxo- 1,4,4a,5,5a,6,11,12a-octahydrotetracene- 2-carboxamide.
    You won't be missed.

yaaaaay,.. i had a silky,... I'll take the batteries thank you not heavy at all, certainly lighter and easier than a gas unit! and works pretty damn well... had 2 out today and in the below freezing temp they both ran pretty constant cutting up and notching a tree into a skinny.. guessing like 75-100 notches (2-4 inches) in to the tree plus all the branching and such.. it would have hurt no matter what with a hand saw and for sure taken more than the hour or so it did with the chainsaws.

Screen Shot 2014-01-31 at 5.02.42 PM.jpg

www.sectnemba.org
    SECT NEMBA on Facebook..

+ Reply to Thread