Quote Originally Posted by TshirtFiend View Post
Thanks for the .02. I'm 5'9", so not exactly tall. I've had a hard time finding much support for 650B in the area (north of Boston). Everything that the shops have with that wheel size are more aggressive trail bikes than I'm interested in. I've been really impressed with the 29er bikes that I've tried, especially giving that I don't feel like the handling isn't something that I could get used to. It's different than my 26" bike, but not unmanageable.

Give then choice, I would pick fast and flowy. Of course, I have to deal with what the trails are like in the area, so rock gardens and roots.

I agree that testing is important, so it's a drag when shops can't help you figure out a way to test a bike. So I'm really leaning towards the bikes that I can test.

Pretty sure that I'm going with the Tallboy, based on the ride, the positive vibes that I've heard about the bike and SC's reputation for building really tough bikes.
ya.. same size as me.. I like my 29er a LOT (voodoo canzo 29er) and pretty much all the 29er's I've tried within reason I like over 26 in general,.. but the 650B is a sweet size.. I find the 29er to be kinda long in comparison.

there are a few 650B "XC" style out (KHS has a nice round up) and a few more are coming this yr. This is the one I'm looking at... http://khsbicycles.com/bikes/2013-kh...sixfifty-3500/
My big problem with the 29er's is the steep head tubes and high stand over on a long frame.. each is a minor thing but all three add up

Hey, we are having the Bluff Point Adventure series and there will be some C-dale demos if ya at least want to try.. there may be some Scott demos also, but haven't heard from them in a while so wouldn't count on the Scott's..