+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Freetown 50

Hybrid View

Default Freetown 50

I've just found out that there's going to be a race in Freetown State Forest this September. The Freetown 50. It'll be held on September 15 and registration starts August 15.

Freetown 50

It's a 25 mile course with a mix of technical singletrack, dirt roads, and a bit of pavement. There are 3 different ways to register. You can race the full 50 miles solo, or do a 2 person relay with each racing 1 lap, or opt for a 1 lap 25 mile race.

I've ridden the course and its a lot of fun. They've selected some of the best singletracks out there and connected them with fire roads. The singletracks are technical and beat you down, so the fire road sections are welcome.

Registration starts tomorrow

https://www.bikereg.com/Net/20302

I saw there was a group pre ride of the race course this Sunday I am thinking about doing the 25 and checking this out anyone else going?

I was all thrilled to race the 50 mile singlespeed until I saw the start time - 8am.

Ouch. No way I can drive there from Western MA that early - I'd have to wake up at 4am. Too much going on to camp prior. Maybe next year it can start at 10am (like the Landmine Epic)
    HIS and HERS Energy Efficiency
    Supporting homeowners, builders, and designers with energy code compliance and incentive programs

Landmine Marathon starts @9:30

Update on start time:
    Freetown 50 now starts at 9am (time changed on bikereg)

The race organizers are leaving me out of excuses to bail...

now how about some childcare for the 12 year old while I'm racing for 5+ hours.
    HIS and HERS Energy Efficiency
    Supporting homeowners, builders, and designers with energy code compliance and incentive programs

+ Reply to Thread