+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2011 Kona Unit 29er for sale/trade

Default 2011 Kona Unit 29er for sale/trade

Putting my 16" Kona Unit 29er up for sale or trade for an equivalent cross bike or wide tired road bike:

I'm going to list it like this to give you an idea of the parts spec and how I priced things out etc:
    • *16" 2011 Kona Unit 29er Frame with Cane Creek S3 Headset, and Kona Seatpost collar - $120.00
      *Geared 29er wheelset - White SRAM 9.0 hubs with disc adapters on them laced to WTB Speed Disc 29er hubs - these were hand built by their former owner and are in very good shape - $115.00 (and that includes some 29er tires and Tubes - 2 sets of tires actually - WTB Weirwolf 2.5s and WTB Nanoraptor 2.1s)
      *Truvativ Stylo Crankset with external bottom bracket - currently set up single speed style - but these can be used for multiple chainring set ups. It currently features a 32T chainring on it - $50.00
      *Avid BB7 Disc brakes with Avid Speed Dial (7) I believe levers - $75.00
      *Thomson 70mm Stem, Thomson 27.2mm Seatpost and some Sunline 762 Flat handlebars (aka a full bike cockpit) with Fizik Gobi saddle - $150.00
      *Reba 29er Fork - currently set at 100mm of travel with lockout, but it can also be lowered to 80mm with a spacer. The 80mm setting will steepen up the head tube angle of the bike a little bit. This is an air fork - pretty light. I will also include a handlebar lockout switch and an internal floodgate set up for it which allows for even more fine tuning if so desired. - $150.00
      The other option I have is a Carver Rigid fork - carbon fiber - very light and in good shape - I'd want $100 for this fork.
      *The other wheelset I have is a Single Speed wheelset that features a Novatec single speed rear hub and a Shimano XT front hub (both disc hubs) laced to Salsa Delgado CX Rims - I'd like to get $100.00 for this wheelset (again it would include the tires and tubes).

So One idea would be a complete bike package with the geared wheelset and the Reba Fork for a price of $660.00

Another idea would be that same set up with the Rigid fork for $610.00

If you wanted to just run single speed and opt for the other wheelset - we'd be looking at $645.00 with the Reba fork, and with the rigid fork $595.00. I can include single speed spacers and cog(s) for you too.

If you wanted to run gears - you can order a Geared rear dropout for the frame from Kona - I think they are about $25.00.

If you went that route - I could also sell you a set up that would include a SRAM 9.0 rear derailleur, SRAM 9.0 Grip shifters, and possibly a SRAM 9 speed rear cassette for another $50.00

Buy Mark's stuff! He's a good guy!

+ Reply to Thread