+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Niner Air 9: Very well equipped 1x10, Med $1150

Default Niner Air 9: Very well equipped 1x10, Med $1150

30% PRICE DROP: $800

Up for sale is a very well equipped Kermit Green, medium Niner Air 9. I bought a slew of brand-new high end parts for this bike in June of last year… and rode it twice. That’s literally twice; once at the Fells and once at Willowdale. A smarter man with more time would part this bike out on Ebay and make a lot more money.

Which brings me to your next question: if this is such a sweet ride, why are you selling? Well, I own my own business. #1 time suck on the planet (well, maybe not #1, keep reading). And on top of that I started going to grad school full time. Busy right? So yeah, we’re expecting our first baby in two weeks on June 27th. So, considering I had time to ride twice last year, and I haven’t been once in 2013, this year is shaping up to look like a loss and this bike will sit at least another year in my shed (depreciating).

Here’s a list of the parts that have *2* rides on them (I repeat, almost brand new):

• Stans ZTR Arch EX 29 disc tubeless IS-disc wheelset MSRP $595
    http://www.notubes.com/ZTR-Arch-EX-2...-P918C130.aspx
    • WTB Pure V Team Saddle, Ti Rails MSRP ~$100
    • E.thirteen LG1+ chainguide MSRP ~$135
    • Drive Train:
    SRAM PC1051 PowerLock chain, 10sp ~$30
    o SRAM PG-1070 10sp cassette, 12-36t ~$90
    o SRAM X7 Trigger rear shifter, 10sp - right ~$68
    o SRAM X9 10sp rear derail, medium cage ~$80
    • SRAM SlickWire shift cable/casing kit, black
    • Panaracer Rampage K tire, 29" x 2.35"
    • Maxxis Ignitor K tire, 29er x 2.10" eXC EXO

I’ve fined tuned this ride for New England (in my opinion of course). At one point I owned this bike and a Giant Reign X1; I downsized the Giant and kept this. The 1x10 reflects the lack of sustained climbing in the area, eliminating the extra weight, resistance and maintenance of the front derailleur. The e.13 chain guide keeps everything in line, even in the rockiest situations. The short stem coupled with a wide flat bar keeps the handlebar level with saddle, but also allows for plenty of leverage for short bursts of climbing out of the saddle. I had this bike down to 19 pounds at one point set up as a singlespeed; can’t imagine it’s more than 3 pounds outside of that zone now. Wheels are set up tubeless, with a big Rampage of the front, and a smaller Ignitor in the rear for faster acceleration. Front fork is Rockshox Reba converted to 100mm (this slackens the head tube by around 1 degree), with handlebar mounted lockout. Serviced annually at JRA in Medford. Cranks are some POS, SS Bontragers, but they work fine.

Also included is the stock Niner color matched rigid front fork. Avid BB7 mech brakes, with new organic pads on front.

Note: This frame has been ridden thoughout New England; as you can see it the pics, it looks good, but there are few signs of cosmetic wear on the paint (hard to see in pics).

Available to view in South Boston upon request. Cash or Money Order; PayPal with fees paid by buyer (approximately 3%).

This pic really illustrates just how new the drivetrain is:

Fresh rubber. I forgot to mention these are already set up tubless with Stans; if you've ever set up a tire tubeless, you know this a pain the ass the first time. If you ever tried to set up a Panaracer Rampage, you're probably not reading this because you killed yourself. But, these are good to go. "But I don't want tubeless, waaaaa", answer: put tubes in the tires. Its that simple. Kickass wheels with new tires, done.
    Last edited by Evil Chocula; May 21st, 2014 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Price Drop

Hi All: Price drop on this bike; it hasn't been ridden in over a year. I'm moving to NJ and would like to sell, 30% price drop to $800.

Let me know!

Still available?

great deal! someone needs to buy this NOW!

Is this still available?
    thanks
    Bill

PM sent
    HIS and HERS Energy Efficiency
    Supporting homeowners, builders, and designers with energy code compliance and incentive programs

Is this bike still for sale??

still gots it o no???

If the bike is still available can I take a look/ride this Wednesday morning?

Really! I'd like to see the bike THIS WEEK if possible. Pls. get back to me ASAP! Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread