+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gopro mount

Default Gopro mount

I know there are some video guys out here. I'm looking for opinions on which mount is your favorite for videoing your rude. I've got a chesty and I'm not that impressed with it I find my knees are in the shot more than I'd like. Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated

hang the cam upside down.. (so you can actually point it up more) then flip in software... when standing you want the cam actually point way up as when you're on the bike you lean forward...

chest mount is about the best for Go-pro's that I've seen. the body of the cam is too big to frame mount really, thou I did see a vid that was nice where they one of those ball joint arm mounts (there's a name I just can't think of right now) and it was mounted to the top tube and with the mount it looked just over the handlebars.. was a decent view.

under the seat is good looking back for a bit of variety..

I've never liked the helmet mount views as it's tooooo high and not only to use loose depth of field but they bounce too much and get the pinched funny fish eye like look
    Always wear a Helmet and Glasses when riding!!

Southeastern CT NEMBA with trial locations, trail reports, and list of local events...
    www.sectnemba.org
    SECT NEMBA on Facebook..
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/585044744912146/

I've got a K-Edge Handlebar mount. It actually holds it away from the handle bar and not above it! It's aluminum so it won't break easily. K-edge also has an under the seat mount and a couple others. I like these since I don't like wearing the camera.
    Kona Satori

Quote Originally Posted by Mondis View Post
    I've got a K-Edge Handlebar mount. It actually holds it away from the handle bar and not above it! It's aluminum so it won't break easily. K-edge also has an under the seat mount and a couple others. I like these since I don't like wearing the camera.
    ya.. but handle bar mounting sucks too as you end up swaying back and forth and crap.. dizzy viewing LOLOLOL

but if you can use that mount on the top tube.. and/or a seat stay looking back is awesome...

where you located.. love doing the mix vids with people with Go Pro's as I have the contour so between the 2 ya get sweet angles to edit with

Southeastern CT NEMBA with trial locations, trail reports, and list of local events...
    www.sectnemba.org
    SECT NEMBA on Facebook..

I'm up in Wilmington MA, ride mostly Harold Parker. I hear you about the handle bar mounting. The vids are shaky and what not, but I'm only doing them for my enjoyment! The handlebar mount won't work on the top tube, too small, but it may work on the Seat stay, however K-edge actually has a mount for under your seat so you can mount it upside down and do the flip trick and get some sweet video that way. I don't have that mount, but may get it at some point.
    Kona Satori

well you can share.. I don't judge...

www.sectnemba.org
    SECT NEMBA on Facebook..

I sure will share, I just have to have something to share. I haven't had it out lately, so I don't have any footage. Hopefully I will rectify that this weekend! I will post them to youtube and then share them to the NS Nemba and MV Nemba Facebook pages when I have something that looks halfway nice! :-)
    Kona Satori

Good tips on using the chest mount - I'll have to give that a try. I haven't been all that happy with the handlebar mount.

+ Reply to Thread