+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone live in Wayland or Concord, MA - where do you ride?

Default Anyone live in Wayland or Concord, MA - where do you ride?

Looking to possibly move to one of those places and I'm thinking that I won't be too close to any good riding that's not at least a 30 min drive away (Wayland - drive to Nam, Concord -drive to Great Brook). Is it possible to do some decent riding in those towns without driving too far? Feel free to PM if necessary. Much appreciated.\

Scott

Concord has some great pedaling. The Land Locked forest is 15 minutes by bike from the bedford end of the MM bike path. The town conservation web site has good info. Also check out the bay circuit trail.
    SS rule the dirt!

Great Brook Farm in Carlisle is just up the road from Concord, as is Russel Mills.

you don't drive to great brook you ride the whole way from downtown concord through
    estabrook then backside carlisle town hall trail and boom, maybe 1/2 mile road if that

or estabrook woods/davis corridor/ice cream trail/llama trail/cutters ridge/partridge lane/into great brook
    Last edited by hogboy; April 19th, 2013 at 11:56 AM.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Goodbye,
    (4S,4aR,5S,5aR,6R,12aS)-4-(dimethylamino)- 3,5,10,12,12a-pentahydroxy- 6-methyl- 1,11-dioxo- 1,4,4a,5,5a,6,11,12a-octahydrotetracene- 2-carboxamide.
    You won't be missed.

Thanks. Concord would be nice, especially if I had a spare $3million kicking around. Landlocked, Russell, and Great Brook are all good options. So in regards to Wayland, sounds like there are no real local trails nearby that anyone knows of? I'm not the hugest fan of Callahan.

Hey Scott,

Yeah, Callahan is a good post-work ride if you can't get out somewhere sooner to catch sunlight.

Ashland State Park can be a cool rooty ride if you're in the mood to beat yourself up but still get a good workout. Just get out there and ride around the lake in a big circle. Make sure your shorts have extra padding.

Metrowest surprisingly doesn't have much in terms of riding - you've pretty much hit all the locales in the above few posts.
    blue Trek Fuel FS
    Red Subaru Forester

Unless you venture just a bit past ashland... then you open yourself up to places like Rayburn, Singletary, or Nam. Little past that or not quite as awesome you can also add Upton, Grafton, or Plummer's to the list

Hey Scott,

There's a user on MTBR.com's forums under the name "Metacomet" who is having trouble registering here, but he asked me to send you this:

I wanted to respond to a thread you replied to called "Anyone live in Wayland or Concord?" By member "Scott O". I live in Wayland and there is a ton of riding in the area. I wanted to let him know I'd be happy to show him around.

Thought I'd pass it on - happy riding, man!
    Last edited by Fitch; April 29th, 2013 at 08:51 AM.
    blue Trek Fuel FS
    Red Subaru Forester

Thanks for all of the replies. Hopefully I'll be able to make the jump in a few months and will be able to take up the offers for some tours. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread