+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Places confirmed rideable in NE (Winter 2013)

Stow town forest was mostly rideable this am. Had to push a few times, but mostly rideable. The exposed dirt sections of trail were in great shape, firm, virtually mud free.

Russell Mill in Chelmsford is a mess. The dirt lot is trouble unless you have all wheel drive. To the people that did ride RM today, the condition of the parking lot should have been a clue dumb ass.
    Ibis Mojo HD / Demo 8

I have heard that Case in Manchester CT is good to go as long as you pick your trails carefully. Visitors: please find a guide - though I expect the situation will improve with freezing later in the week.
    Big Strings, Big Wheels, The Jisch Blog

Horse Hill was rideable on 1/21/13. Hardpacked snow and ice. I have studded tires so it was fine for me, unsure if unstudded tires would work.

Rode Bolton Monday night. Mostly crunchy snow covered. Studs not needed. Steeper climbs were a bit tough on some of the less tracked sections.

Default Llf

20 degrees Friday, had a great ride in Landlocked Forest. Ground was entirely frozen, great grip, no risk of trail damage. We both rode regular full suspension Santa Cruz's with 2.35 tires and had no issues for most of the ride. Some corners you slid into on the snow, some you didn't. Made a fun guessing game. Walk over the one stream that flowed over the trail. I didn't.

Default fells in great shape sunday afternoon

Middlesex Fells Reservoir loop (orange trail) excellent conditions. Frozen dirt, no snow, a couple small ice patches. I walked around one 10 foot ice flow, otherwise it's 100% ride-able. Studs not needed.

Foxboro is passable on fire roads thanks to some snowmobile riders. We saw some ground and roots on a trail going around a body of water.
    The fact there is a lot of soft snow on the side of the trail makes for soft landings. I can personally attest to!

2/23/2013
    S.F. Gilbert State Forest AKA Foxboro limited

3/9/2013, Arcadia, Big River and Burlingame....all clear of snow and rideable.

+ Reply to Thread