+ Reply to Thread

Thread: OT: Where to go skiing in NE over Xmas?

Default OT: Where to go skiing in NE over Xmas?

We have a reservation at Cannon, but it looks pretty grim. I am combing the web for the best place given the current conditions. All the ski areas are charging full holiday rates even with only a handful of trails open.
    Any recommendations?
    We are going to rent. Ideally ski in-out so we can take turns with the 3 year old.
    Our 6 and 8 year old will ski mornings, probably.
    I am thinking to just go for for 4 days or so over Xmas. A week is a long time to ski on the limited open terrain.
    Thanks!

I'd wait to make a decision until later next week if you can. Looks like something blowing through Sunday into Monday then maybe something a bit bigger at some point between Tue and Thurs

^ Agree. Could be pretty white up there by next weekend.

Have you checked out Jay peak. The pictures they have been putting on FB look really good. Also, they get more snow than out west.

We are going to Mittersill at Cannon. Let it snow (not rain!)

If you haven't bought your lift tix yet you may want to make a day trip from Cannon up to Burke or as agabriel mentioned, Jay, which typically has the best natural snow conditions.

Jay Peak is awesome but it's a lotta windshield time for a three year old. Jay also has a killer indoor water park.

BTW, the Sugarbush area has been blasted with 20+ inches of sweet stuff over the past couple of days
    Slaphead Mofo Leisure Team
    Sunday River Bike Park

I know Cannon/Mittersil very well. Its a great place ...when there is snow. Cannon is also
    probably one of the harshest condition mountians in the North East. I'm sure you know but
    they have a great kid area that is tucked off the side of the hill with its own little lift protected
    from the wind.

Good thing about Cannon is your not far from other hills as well. 1 hour to the river. 1 hour to Jay. 45 min to WildCat etc. Bretton woods would be good for the kiddo as well. Very tame. I would choose the River going by current conditions though.

Family friend has a Chalet right on Mittersil. I always feel i'm in the swiss alps when in that village. Love it there. Loved it more before they put the lift in.

Sugarloaf. They got dumped on this week with more on the way, reporting 100+ trails open including glades.
    PVNEMBA - Riding at its BEST
    http://www.facebook.com/CharlemontTrails

+ Reply to Thread