+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Huntington

Default Huntington

Anybody on this forum know Huntington? I'm waiting for membership in the Fairfield County Nemba FB group to ask for advice on trails this weekend. Figured I'd throw it out there.
    Thanks,
    Rob
    Rob
    Blue Pivot Mach 5

I sent a note to a couple of people who should be able to help you out. Stand by for a reply.
    Big Strings, Big Wheels, The Jisch Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Aging Wannabee View Post
    Anybody on this forum know Huntington? I'm waiting for membership in the Fairfield County Nemba FB group to ask for advice on trails this weekend. Figured I'd throw it out there.
    Thanks,
    Rob
    What do you want to know? Huntington has some great trails. I haven't been there in a few weeks but I believe there is a lot of post Sandy cleanup still going on. Still if you are looking for trail recommendations, ride Rock & Roll in both directions, the Big Burn is fun, The Twisties is also good, too. If you are going to ride out past the Mica mines, then I would suggest following the trail counter clockwise.

If you want a guide, post up on either the CT NEMBA or FC NEMBA Facebook pages, or try Crankfire.com
    My club: CT NEMBA
    My Blog: CycleSnack
    My Trail: The Upper Gussy Trail

Thanks for your help. I guess what I want to know is how to string a good loop together (what to look for, "follow this color blaze" or "turn left onto fire road and look on the left for the next ST section" type info) I'm trying to avoid spending too much time looking for trails or bringing my wife onto stuff that's waaaaay over her head.

I can't post to either of those pages as I am not a member and am waiting for membership to be approved.
    Rob
    Blue Pivot Mach 5

I don't know exactly where you will be in CT , but a couple of alternatives that are easier to follow is Trout Brook in Easton/Redding and Waldo in Southbury. Waldo has a trail that is mostly smooth , about 5 miles worth plus a dirt road. Again, if you need a guide, I be glad to show you and your wife around as long as the trails dry up a bit after the snow we had yesterday.

+ Reply to Thread