+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tour de Maynard, Stow, Bolton

Default Tour de Maynard, Stow, Bolton

To the gents pulling pork this weekend at the Wicked Ride - the pork was excellent. We met briefly and I don't recall your usernames. I'm interested in hooking up for a ride some weekend, hoping you can show me some new trails before the snow gets here. Stow Town Forest is getting old. Thanks - Mike

Hey. Wasn't me at the wicked ride but I ride rattlesnake / kiln in Bolton. Good single track in there, a little more tech than Stow town forest similar mileage. Going to ride there Thanksgiving morning probably early.

I live in Stow and have ridden most of the conservation lands. Rattlesnake is a nice change of pace as fvh420 says, definitely more technical than STF. I like to take my HT on the tour de Stow, starting from ~the Stow Community Park to Delaney through Marble hill, Heath Hen, Flagg Hill, Captain Sargent, Red Acre, Stow Town forest. A little road riding is necessary. You can also venture into Boxborough, Acton, Bolton, Harvard, Sudbury and Maynard pretty easily to add miles on. I can send the URLs to some Garmin track if you are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by beninstow View Post
    I live in Stow and have ridden most of the conservation lands. Rattlesnake is a nice change of pace as fvh420 says, definitely more technical than STF. I like to take my HT on the tour de Stow, starting from ~the Stow Community Park to Delaney through Marble hill, Heath Hen, Flagg Hill, Captain Sargent, Red Acre, Stow Town forest. A little road riding is necessary. You can also venture into Boxborough, Acton, Bolton, Harvard, Sudbury and Maynard pretty easily to add miles on. I can send the URLs to some Garmin track if you are interested.
    That "tour de stowe" is called the Stowe's Emerald Necklace. I recently did the hike with my girlfriend which takes approx. 4 hours to complete the entire thing. Very enjoyable hike and nice to see all these conservation areas linked together with a few road section. We had a really wonderful time on our little adventure. The whole time we walked I was thinking how fun it would be ride on a mtn. bike. Trails are not really technical but would be very enjoyable to do for a nice afternoon ride and I can't wait to give it a try. Even just walking I highly recommend it.

Here is a link and it's called the Conservation Lands Tour (3-4 hour multi trail hike) http://www.stowconservationtrust.org/trails.php

+ Reply to Thread