+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Leominster State Forest

Default Leominster State Forest

To the folks that have been working on Hillbilly Heaven; damn that is a fun trail! Thank you. Pete

Glad you're diggin it.

Check out the trails off of Parmenter Rd near the Elm st entrance if you haven't been there yet.

Yeah - Thanks for the work - I've had a couple of good rides there this summer. Last week, I took a bad turn because of the construction and ended up at the power lines way north of where I thought I was, but it was educational.

Just curious how to access hillbilly heaven. Been riding at Leom for a few years but not aware of this trail. I've mostly started on the trail off wolf neck over nemba bridge, back to rocky pond to loop trail, down the rocky trail to the pine needle forest and back out. Sounds like I'm missing some good stuff off the elm st/parameter end.

Hillbilly Heaven is down in the south end of the forest. HH connects up to Wolf Rock Rd down near the end where it meets up with Hells Highway. I usually ride that area from the gate on Lucas Rd so that its mostly uphill on the way in and down hill on the way back.

You can find rides and segments on Strava.

I can let you know when I'm riding if you PM your email address.

Here is one of my rides. The bottom (or south) part of the topo is Hillbilly heaven. Once out, I believe I worked my way Brooks Rd to Parameter, then into some more ridiculously fun singletrack which eventually takes me into, what I believe you refer to as, Pine Needle Forest. I'm a noob in LSF so I may have my names wrong

http://app.strava.com/rides/22949076

You may be referring to "The Enchanted Forest"...

Still more single track available, both further east along Parmenter and to avoid Brook Rd.

East Side ride:

http://app.strava.com/rides/20224405

Perimeter loop (old GPS from 2010, obviously missing new trails). Hillbilly Heaven was created to bypass the arduous ride up Bartlett Rd.

http://app.strava.com/rides/14399727

Is there anything worth riding on the other side of Elm st? Hows K-Mart hill these days? I haven't been up there in years.

Sounds like I am riding Hillbilly Heaven in reverse because I started at Wolf Rock entrance. If so, I highly recommend it. It starts with a small climb but then seems to just flow for ever after that.

So we found the way in on Elm Street yesterday. Other than the rocks being slippery as S**t, we found some nice trails. We entered immediately on the right, which led to a brand new trail. Still very soft, so please, if you ride there, use it because it will be a nice one. It is obvious some real effort has gone into armoring wet areas and bridging a bunch of walls. Looking forward to doing some more exploring at that end. Now I just need to find a way to link these to Hillbilly Heaven without going on the fire roads Pete

+ Reply to Thread