Warning: file(/usr/www/users/nemba/forums/plugins/NEMBApreannounce.html) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [path]/global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 3

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed in [path]/global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 3

Warning: file(/usr/www/users/nemba/forums/includes/NEMBAsidemenu.html) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [path]/global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 9

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed in [path]/global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 9

Warning: file(/usr/www/users/nemba/forums/includes/NEMBAsidemenuctrl.html) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [path]/global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 10

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed in [path]/global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 10
Example of why Strava bites the big one in the woods....

Thread: Example of why Strava bites the big one in the woods....

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by pulsepro View Post
    All this Strava and GPS business is shite. Leave that stuff at home.
    Umm, I will disagree with this.

I am recovering from a severe injury, and I would like to join group ride, but I cannot overcook my knee.
    GPS and Strava is motivating me to hammer when I can, solo, without the worry of being a lame ride anchor.
    Last thing I want to be is 'that guy' dragging down the group. So, me vs GPS data is how I have been spending
    time riding.

So...for me, it is the best thing I have ever done. I am making leaps of improvements in all aspects:

mtb
    ss mtb
    road
    ss road

I am now able to ride +45 trail miles cruising with zero stops, earlier this year I couldn't ride 3 miles without stopping and unkinking the knee.
    strava motivates me to pound away at those pedals, rinse, repeat. Other peeps strava data motivates me to ride more and harder.
    Last edited by hogboy; September 14th, 2012 at 10:28 AM.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Goodbye,
    (4S,4aR,5S,5aR,6R,12aS)-4-(dimethylamino)- 3,5,10,12,12a-pentahydroxy- 6-methyl- 1,11-dioxo- 1,4,4a,5,5a,6,11,12a-octahydrotetracene- 2-carboxamide.
    You won't be missed.