Hi everyone,

as fall approaches and days are getting shorter, I'm shifting my social rides from Monday nights to Saturday days/mornings. Bob at Bicycles Unlimited will be switching to MTB night rides 2 days a week so there are still plenty of options for all weeknight riders. We're going out with a bang this coming Monday in Hatfield! This event is followed by the end of summer, PV NEMBA ride and cookout Sunday, September 16th in Greenfield. Somewhere off in the distance I'm also looking forward to the 4th annual PV NEMBA Chili Ride in Wendell - we just locked down the date so put Nov. 3rd on your calendar!

Monday, Sept. 10th - Monday night Social Ride Grand Finale
Harold is hosting this last Monday night ride next Monday at his house at 48 Main St. in Hatfield, MA. We will ride from his house at 6pm and do a mellow, beginner-friendly ride on the river bank trails. After the ride, we'll return to Harold's for a bonfire, pizza, party and possibly bike polo! This will be a great ride to drag out all your coworkers, significant others, children etc. that have been saying they would love to come mountain biking but haven't yet!

Sunday, Sept. 16th - PV NEMBA End of summer Ride Party
A much-anticipated new event for our chapter is almost here! Join us at 2pm for a ride on the Rocky Ridge leaving from Bicycles Unlimited at 322 High St. in Greenfield. After the ride (~4pm), we will head over to my house at 22 Quincy St. in Greenfield for a potluck/cookout. PV NEMBA will provide hot dogs, burgers and/or brats and nonalcoholic beverages - please bring a dish/snack/dessert to share, anything else you would like to throw on the grill and any beverages we might not be providing. Come and hang out, share your ride stories from the summer and find out first-hand what PV NEMBA has in store for the next couple of months! RSVP appreciated.

Saturday, Nov. 3rd - 4th annual PV NEMBA Chili Ride
The date has been set and confirmed - this year's chili ride will be held on the first Saturday in November, with a bad weather-alternate date TBD if necessary. Mark your calendars and arrange for travel details - this ride is not to be missed! 2-4 hours at various intermediate paces through Wendell State Park, a classic New England riding experience. After the ride, head across the street for the biggest chili cookoff and potluck PV NEMBA has to offer! More info on this ride later.

Hope to see you all soon,

Stef