+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need a new pair of shoes for wide feet

Default Need a new pair of shoes for wide feet

The tread ripped off of one of my shoes last weekend, so I'm on the hunt for a new pair. My feet run wide, usually E. I tried on some SIDIs today, and they fit great, but obviously a bit pricey. I'd like to at least try some other wide options, to see how they stack up. I would really like to try some LAKE shoes, but I don't know anybody in the Boston area that carries them.

Anybody have suggestions on wide shoes and where I can try them on?

Bite the bullet and get the Sidi's. In three years when your shoes are still going strong, you won't regret buying expensive shoes for a second. Considering your wide feet and limited options, you shouldn't feel bad about spending the $.
    In some mysterious way woods have never seemed to me to be static things. In physical terms, I move through them; yet in metaphysical ones, they seem to move through me.
    John Fowles

Speaking from experience? It's not easy to cut through the hype, especially with brands like SIDI.

The Specialized shoes that I have now have lasted four years, which is pretty good for entry level shoes as far as I'm concerned.

I got 15 years from my previous pair of Sidis ( 1000's of miles). They arent cheap but they fit my feet perfectly and wear like iron. I emailed them to ask if they resole them ( that was really the only issue with them)and they said they dont but they offered me a 100 trade in credit on a new pair.
    They are an easy call based solely on the comfort but when you consider the performance, quality and custoemr service, IMO its an easy call. If they fit your feet I wouldnt go elsewhere.

Ok, cool. Thanks for the input. You wouldn't believe the look the wife gave me when I said that I needed to buy $250 bike shoes…

My feet are wider and hard to find shoes for. Sidi doesn't work for me. Finally, I found Mavic Rush to work very well. Well enough that I may buy the road version too. About $125.

Thanks Steve. If I can find anyone around that deals in Mavic (used to be a shop close by but they closed), I'll try 'em on. It makes sense to me to try the options, even if I end up with the SIDIs.

I got em at JRA. Dave's Bike Infirmary in Milton carries Mavic, too, but they'd probly have to order the Rush's for you.

JRA was out. They sold through the 2012 stock, waiting on the 2013. The search continues…

Yeah. I pretty wide feet (only Shimano shoes tend to fit me), and the Giro Carbide was a perfect fit. Really reasonable too - you can get them at REI and EMS. Extra bonus, they have half sizes, which was necessary in my case. I've taken them on a couple rides. Nice and firm shoe and after scrambling and bashing over rocks, they showed no damage.

+ Reply to Thread