Closed Thread

Thread: Karate Monkey

Default Karate Monkey

I broke a frame and am looking for a more durable replacement. Looking for a karate monkey frame, size med, or possible large.
    I'm located in CT, but will pay for reasonable shipping.

I might have what you need. It's the old version KM frame (thicker tubes) with a killer custom headbadge. It's a large, but is slightly tight for me at 6' 1". Just got a niner one9 and the KM was sitting so I parted it out. Have some of the parts still (salsa rigid fork, xt crankset, bb, Rampages) if you need any of those. Was hoping to sell frame for $75 or so - will include other parts for cheap. NOTE - frame has no headset. I'm on Cape Cod, will ship. Have pics if interested.

Any problems, major dents or scratches on the frame? How many years was the frame used? I'm 6' 0" so the large should work.
    Did you get the Air 9 Carbon? I had a Soma Juice which I broke. So I'm looking to replace that frame and buy a whole new bike. I'm looking at the Air 9 Carbon. Do you like the Niner stuff?

No problems with the frame at all. No dents I don't think, though I can check closer later today. Paint's a bit dull, and some scuffs. It has many many miles on it. Been a super-reliable year-round bike for me for the last 6/7 years. Commuted on it (most of my commute is on trails), raced it (even won on it), rode it rigid and as a HT - and it was great in every application. Love the geometry - always felt perfectly balanced and comfortable. Steel rides so nice on singletrack. It was a tiny bit small for me, but I think it would probably fit you perfect as I'm closer to 6'2" than 6'1".

I'm getting more into racing, so I got a 2010 Niner One9 used off ebay. Lefty fork, I9 wheels. Fast bike. The geo is a bit more aggressive than the KM, but I'm used to it now and love it for racing. Would LOVE an Air9 Carbon, but I already have a carbon (Specialized) geared HT. Plus I have two little kids, so my wife would kill me if I spent that much on a bike. I'm pretty new to Niner, but very happy so far.

Here's some pics of the KM:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/5882579...n/photostream/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/58825790@N08/7142246917/

Private message sent.

Closed Thread