+ Reply to Thread

Thread: XS Full Susser

Default XS Full Susser

My wife is wanting to join me on "whatever you do on that bike of yours", so she needs a frame.

Someone was selling an XS Jamis Dakar, which I think would have been perfect, but I backed out of the deal due to money...tax return anyone?

Let me know if you've got anything 13 or 14" and with rear suspension.

Thanks.

i have a small (15") 2004 Norco vps fluid frame. Not an xs, but it has a ton of stand over clearance, 5" of travel and nice relaxed all mountain angles for lots of confidence for a new rider. Built it for my 5'4 girlfriend and she liked it, but has since upgraded. It does need new shock bushings, $200 Obo buys it.

Hi,

I'd love a few pics if you got them, and let me know where you are. I'm in Walpole, MA.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

frame includes the shock, headset, and front derailleur. i'm located in manchester, ct. frame is a horst link/fsr design, variable between 100 and 135mm travel. i have all the parts needed to build it up as a complete bike if you want.
    Last edited by handlebars; January 8th, 2012 at 10:35 PM.

Hey,

So, I'm interested...what travel fork did she run...I saw pics of frames with 100mm but also some with triple clamp jobbies...

I'm interested either way but wanted your experience with the frame.

Thanks, Laurence

It's all about how you want the bike to ride. I had it built with a manitou minute with 130mm travel and travel adjust on the bar, so she could shorten the fork to climb better. It's nicely balanced with the 5" fork, a 4" will steepen the head angle and make climbing a bit easier, but I've found that beginners, especially women, have a much harder time with confidence while decending or over rough terrain at speed rather than slow climbs. The taller fork, slacker angles, and taller bb feels better in the rough and avoids pedal strikes on rocks, which is helpful for learning to choose lines and ride new england terrain. The frame is very strong, and people have raced dual slalom and 4x on them and even downhilled which is why you see pics of these with big forks. I personally wouldn't want a 5" travel bike with a 7 or 8" fork, but to each their own.

Those Fluids are solid frames! Good Deal here!

+ Reply to Thread