+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Bigfoot, UFO's, Black Helicopters, etc in New England riding spots

Quote Originally Posted by DAVID J View Post
    I saw a bunch of guys dressed like the were gonna play lacrosse of hockey or something....but they were riding bikes. Bikes that looked like they've never scraped against a rock. What is that all about?
    Hey, I resemble that remark!!!!!!!

How many lacrosse players have you seen wearing packs filled with hoppy goodness?

Yea, my bike is mint but my body is scarred and battered........protect the stanctions, offer up the body.

Slaphead Mofo Leisure Team
    Sunday River Bike Park

Quote Originally Posted by antmav View Post
    Good thing I wasn't carrying.....with one in the pipe.........oh wait, maybe someone I was with had a pipe, and the pipe was loaded, oh nevermind. Carry on.
    Sorry, but I don't keep the pipe loaded when riding. The hippie lettuce tends to fall out and get all mixed into my pack, that shits expensive!

Since the common "thread" here seems to be scary experiences and guns, I've got another tale. Several years back a friend and I decided to sneak in a ride on the one day between shotgun and black powder seasons. We headed up to Otis and started out, no orange, since its not technically hunting season.

Well we got about a quarter mile up the trail and encountered a bloody rib cage. No head, no legs, just a bloody backbone and ribs. Ok, we think, looks like coyotes got ahold of somebody's venison. So we ride on and bump into a nice old guy hunting. Turns out we were confused on the dates and it is actually the first day of black powder season. Now we're a bit bummed, but we decide to ride on. As we start to pedal, a deer starts running just to the west of us. I know it was west because the highway was a hundred yards or so away. Anyway, the old man lines it up and pops off his shot (yes, right at the highway). He missed and we rode on even more nervous.

About a mile down the trail we crest a hill and I see a couple of dudes with mullets (no joke) and chaps (yes, assless, though they did have pants underneath, thank god). And one of them is aiming straight at us. Cue the deliverance music. Well that was strike three, so we bushwhacked our way to 28 and rode back to the truck on the highway.

I still get the heebie jeebies thinking about that ride.
    Last edited by icecreamjay; November 28th, 2012 at 09:35 AM.

I think I figga'd out what you witnessed out at Otis:
    1. The remains of deer that stumbled upon Jim H's Otis Time Trial course. I think what may have happened it that the deer inadvertintly brushed aside a blown down branch (we all know it's illegal to move a blown down branch on Mass Wildlife land), Jim H. (still angry because nobody wanted to help him build a time trial course on Otis), then beat the deer to death with said branch.
    2. The dude with the mullet was probably Slappy. He has a long history of sporting a mullet along with Iron Maiden t-shirts......damn Bruce Dickenson wannabe.
    3. The assless chaps guy was probably David J.........this was well before he didn't mind scrapping his bike on rocks and was concerned with protecting his thighs.
    Slaphead Mofo Leisure Team
    Sunday River Bike Park

+ Reply to Thread