+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Bigfoot, UFO's, Black Helicopters, etc in New England riding spots

Quote Originally Posted by antmav View Post
    Nah, but I did see a guy in the middle of the night, taking a piss on the side of the trail with his light off. Good think I wasn't carrying, word has it that I'm a freaked out, trigger happy, mountain biker.
    I knew it.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Chocula View Post
    (round in the chamber? I hope not).
    If there isn't you may as well be carrying a hammer. I don't think the OP should have to justify why he was legally carrying his firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by chaos View Post
    Where is this? PM if you like...Thanks
    Sorry to reply a year late, lol. To be honest after my last post when I mentioned guns, I knew it would kick up a shitstorm, so I avoided this thread. I'm gonna leave that dead horse alone now.

King philips spring is in the Fall River Watershed area. Its marked on the new bioreserve maps that are available at the ranger station and copicut woods parking. Its off of dead mans trail.

To whoever mentioned the pet cemetary, I rode over there the other day and checked it out. Definitely a weird place. There are all the little graves of hunting dogs, but there are also some odd holes, somebody dug some up a few years ago. Why? I don't want to know. And in true Freetown fashion, its unmaintained and overgrown, giving it an even creepier feel.

Quote Originally Posted by JBH View Post
    It's about to be night riding season for me and thought about this thread from last year. Anyone have any new stories from the past year?? And yes, I still think about the lady in sunglasses every time I hit the trails at night.
    JBH, are you on Cape. Do you ride with Dan? Did we do a ride at the Nat'l seashore last year? Well I know I did, were you with us? How many other people can there be that have a misfit and a fatbike (as do I)?

Sorry bout all the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by icecreamjay View Post
    JBH, are you on Cape. Do you ride with Dan? Did we do a ride at the Nat'l seashore last year? Well I know I did, were you with us? How many other people can there be that have a misfit and a fatbike (as do I)?

Sorry bout all the questions.
    That's me Jay. You been out to our end of the Cape lately?
    2011 Misfit DiSSent 1 x 10
    2011 9:zero:7 fatbike
    Surly Karate Monkey rigid s/s

Quote Originally Posted by JBH View Post
    That's me Jay. You been out to our end of the Cape lately?
    Not since the spring, but tomorrow we close up shop, so I'm looking forward to getting down there. I've been talking to Dan and hopefully we'll ride the Seashore soon.

Quote Originally Posted by icecreamjay View Post
    Not since the spring, but tomorrow we close up shop, so I'm looking forward to getting down there. I've been talking to Dan and hopefully we'll ride the Seashore soon.
    I think a Seashore "night" fat ride would be nice.
    2011 Misfit DiSSent 1 x 10
    2011 9:zero:7 fatbike
    Surly Karate Monkey rigid s/s

Just to keep this thread alive...

Because I live in NH and work in MA, my xcountry skiing time in daylight doesn't happen too often, especially if we get some good snow mid-week. One night last winter I was about 30min into skiing, pushing a good pace, headlamp off because the moon was so bright and the snow reflecting so much light. I saw something move out the corner of my eye and lost my focus and lost my balance. Caught an edge and fell on my side, cursing. All the sudden the snow erupts, the brush is moving all around me, things running all around me. As I freak out and try to get my hands free from my poles, I manage to get my headlamp on just in time to see some deer run off. I had stumbled across some sleeping deer and woke them up. Scared the crap outta me.

I've seen moose tracks and coyote tracks out there, but haven't come across them yet. Maybe this winter.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeRizz View Post
    If there isn't you may as well be carrying a hammer. I don't think the OP should have to justify why he was legally carrying his firearm.
    Really? Then the US Marine Corp might as well throw out all of their firearms, since no one would ever carry a Condition 1 firearm in a backpack... while mountain biking....

IN THE SUBURBS OF MASSACHUSETTS. Thanks for playing.

My daughter and I went "Squachin" in Callahan State Forest a few weeks ago. We found some spots that she thought were good spots for a Sasquatch. Well, I went for a night ride last week through Callahan and even though I didn't see a Squach, There is definitely something out there!

+ Reply to Thread