+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Bigfoot, UFO's, Black Helicopters, etc in New England riding spots

Not nearly as scary, but creepy still. To the dismay of my non-biking friends I often ride alone at night. It is one of my favorite things to do, not sure why maybe it's that instant adreneline feeling or the fact that when you finish you survived another night without anything 'getting' you. Even though I say I'm not afraid it seems that instantly when it gets dark everything is heightened and you start hearing and seeing things. This one solo night ride a few years back, as usual my friends begged me not to go. I started out fine, came across a couple of teenagers, no fear just blinded them and kept on going. Then that weird anxiousness accelrated until I was comforted by a couple of fellow riders headed the opposite direction, I relaxed for a bit knowing there were others out there like me. Slowly that anxious feeling creeped back, alone in the middle of the woods, where my friends told me not to go. I started as in every solo ride to see and hear things, increased my speed, my fun and my heart rate. I was flying. I came around this corner on a fire road, furthest point from my car and safety (that's always when the scarey thoughts creep into my head) when I saw or imagined I saw a NAKED runner. As he passed I quickly turned my headlamp to assure that I really did see a NAKED man but there was nothing. I spent the remainder of the ride questioning if I really saw him or imagined him. I certainly wasn't going to tell any of my friends as they would say I told you not to go out there alone and actually I really was questioning my mind playing tricks. I convinced myself that I didn't see anything.(certainly no clothes) I didn't say a word to anyone about my sighting until about a year later I was talking to a fellow MtBiker and he says: "Hey have you ever seen the NAKED runner?". Mystery solved. That angst that I get riding alone at night is almost always there and in some sick way I like it.
    Happy scarey fun night riding
    Chops

Naked running guy or creepy woman in sunglasses? hmmmmmm. I'll take the creepy woman in sunglasses.

You weren't riding in Westminster were ya? If so, it may have been Slappy you witnessed. Guess he likes to squeeze in a few 'hot laps' before hitting his 'pump track'.
    Slaphead Mofo Leisure Team
    Sunday River Bike Park

Was this at the Fells? Pretty much all the people I ride with, myself included, have encountered the naked runner. Seems totally harmless...just doesnt care for running in pants.

I saw the sunglass lady about 5 different times on my ride last night... Thanks for planting that thought!
    If you didn't build the trail, don't mess with it.

Quote Originally Posted by auntesther View Post
    Was this at the Fells? Pretty much all the people I ride with, myself included, have encountered the naked runner. Seems totally harmless...just doesnt care for running in pants.
    Yup...thats what I was gonna say, The Fells.

The Naked Runner Guy should be like an unofficial Fells mascot at this point... he's been there longer than the damn trees.
    blue Trek Fuel FS
    Red Subaru Forester

Anyone know who this is?
    Dude saw some type of Bigfoot while riding in RI.

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=15923

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Chocula View Post
    PS WTF is "you know what"? You packing heat on night rides?!
    Let's just say I have 12 semi-automatic ways to protect myself when I'm out riding solo.
    Sunday River Bike Park

Quote Originally Posted by antmav View Post
    Let's just say I have 12 semi-automatic ways to protect myself when I'm out riding solo.
    Good thing you didn't protect yourself in 12 semi-automatic ways on the middle-age-woman-who-may-have-just-been-on-a-walk-and-not-a-apparition-sent-from-hell-to-kill-you.
    Last edited by Evil Chocula; October 10th, 2011 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Chocula View Post
    Good thing protect yourself in 12 semi-automatic ways on the middle-age-woman-who-may-have-just-been-on-a-walk-and-not-a-apparition-sent-from-hell-to-kill-you.
    Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

At 2:30am, I more than prepared to run into some wildlife, maybe other riders/moto dudes/snowmobiles, etc.........but someone in the middle of the woods with no lights wearing sunglasses. Yea, good luck with your spoke wrench.
    Sunday River Bike Park

+ Reply to Thread