This is going to sound really, really weird and I think I've only told this to a few folks before but while we're sharing...

I was riding in Foxboro in the early 2000s after work one night in late summer/early fall. It was not quite dark enough for the lights, so I was riding in that quasi jedi flow state of mind in the near dark near the tower off of High Rock. I kept hearing some weird sh*t the further I got into the woods on the moto loop but chalked it up to kids partying or random weirdos. While making my way over towards one of the fireroad trails (Megley) I couldn't help but get seriously freaked out by the voices and overall weird a$$ vibe. As I made my way up a long loose double track I had to stop in my tracks and do a serious double take of the scene that was coming down the trail towards me. A handful of people in robes with torches coming down the hill and making a racket. Seriously, I'm not kidding. They were double timing it down the trail, and needless to say, I wasn't sticking around to ask what the heck was going on... I swiftly turned around, turned on my lights, and got the hell out there. Years later I learned about the "altar" in the forest and now I figure it had to be some sort of ceremony, (maybe a Wiccan slostice/seasonal thing?) as I was in the general vicinity of the altar area. Not knowing about this part of the park at the time it basically scared the crap out of me and anytime I did a solo night ride in Foxboro after that I stuck to other areas of the park.