+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Next Gen

Hybrid View

Default Next Gen

My son added 'mountain biker' to his resume this past w/e, with 6 runs down Sunday River. Not bad for just turning 7 a few months back. He's been BMXing a lot for the past couple years and has finally grown big enough to fit (barely) on a 24", which meant that I could finally put together a real mtb for him.

Good times!

IMG_9308.jpgIMG_9305.jpgIMG_9307.jpgIMG_9312.jpg

IMG_9317.jpgIMG_9304.jpg
    Slapheadmofo Leisure Team
    Sinister Bikes
    Wachusett Brewing
    Sunday River Bike Park

Red face That's Awesome

COOL! Got to love it. When I was working at a local bike shop, we had a few customers about his age or older who had 'mountain biker' in his or her resume. Sadly, the shop closed, because we couldn't find a new owner.

that is awesome... Mini mo fo
    Do or Do Not, There is No Try! -Yoda

Dude, your son is totally bad a$$. That's awesome!
    blue Trek Fuel FS
    Red Subaru Forester

Thanks guys. The kid just LOVES to ride bikes and luckily (unlike his old man) he's got s-loads of natural ability, good judgement and a bottomless pit of energy to back it up. Best thing is, I get dad credits for taking off on the weekends and going riding. Woodward and Whistler, here we come!

Sinister Bikes
    Wachusett Brewing
    Sunday River Bike Park

Default OOppse, I Almost Forgot

Quote Originally Posted by Slappy View Post
    Thanks guys. The kid just LOVES to ride bikes and luckily (unlike his old man) he's got s-loads of natural ability, good judgement and a bottomless pit of energy to back it up. Best thing is, I get dad credits for taking off on the weekends and going riding. Woodward and Whistler, here we come!
    Oh, speaking of that, don't forget NEMBAfest 2011. I bet he'll find that fascinating.

Awesome stuff Slappy! I know the feeling well! This summer I introduced my boys (7 & 9) to downhill up at Highland, via a private day long session with Chris "greentires" Chmielewski (another story for another time), and since that day, they've been asking when we're heading back, I think I created a few monsters...
    Highland Mountain is a special place, and Chris is no exception. By the afternoon of their 1st day, Chris was taking them down Happy Hour. Good stuff! For my last run that day, I rode down Happy Hour with them, and was in awe as my 7 year old rode a nice 3 foot gapper with style and no hesitation. I wish I took pictures, but was too busy having a good time.
    "Everyone I know in bicycling is at least a little bit crazy, present company included." Sheldon Brown

semass

NICE! I agree about Chris being an awesome coach - I had Evan do a session with him at Highland's HTC (indoor training facility) and it was some of the best biking $$ I've ever spent. (He's been asking when we're hitting up the foam pit again almost daily since.) He was dying to try out lift riding when we were there too, but I didn't think his 16" park bike with one brake would be all that great on the mountain. Now that he's rolling on bigger wheels with decent stoppers, I'm thinking we likely be Highland bound this coming weekend.

Shout out sometime when you guys are thinking of hitting the lifts. I'm sure Ev would love riding with some guys his own age.
    Sinister Bikes
    Wachusett Brewing
    Sunday River Bike Park

nice, cant wait for those days ahead. I'll be changing both my sons diapers for a few more years. My two year does rip around on his red ryder tricycle pretty good though!

that's just awesome...
    Always wear a Helmet and Glasses when riding!!

Southeastern CT NEMBA with trial locations, trail reports, and list of local events...
    www.sectnemba.org
    SECT NEMBA on Facebook..
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/585044744912146/

+ Reply to Thread