+ Reply to Thread

Thread: front forks with shocks

Hybrid View

Default front forks with shocks

Hello,

A good friend of mine I ride with has a bum front shock. He rides an older Schwinn HT but it works good and with exceptions to the front forks. I know this sounds weird but any of you fellas have a shock that is no longer in use and willing to give away for free or real cheap. He has a XL Schwinn with V brakes which is all I know about his bike. He came back to the NE after living in Cali for the past 10 years and is having some tough times finding a job and has been sucking it up and riding with the bum shock. Doesn't have to be anything great as long as it works.

Thanks

Um, I think you should try to figure out the tube diameter (if its real old it could be 1" making your mission more difficult) and the max travel (you may screw things up bad if the bike is designed for 60mm and you put a 120mm travel fork on). Anyway, just another perspective... Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by agabriel View Post
    Um, I think you should try to figure out the tube diameter (if its real old it could be 1" making your mission more difficult) and the max travel (you may screw things up bad if the bike is designed for 60mm and you put a 120mm travel fork on). Anyway, just another perspective... Good luck.
    I will check into the tube diameter, thanks and yeah putting a 120mm would certainly be an issue.

It's a Schwinn from 2000

I've got a Manitou coil sprung fork with about 60mm. Cheap, like $20. 1 1/8th steerer at about 8.5 inches, v brakes or disc and like I said, cheap.

PM me or clmd17 at hotmail.com is my email.

+ Reply to Thread