+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Waterville valley

Is there a map of the trails somewhere online?

Quote Originally Posted by ic View Post
    I think my old post is still relevant, so ride from the village past the tennis courts and take a left. Trails are off to the left and right. There are also trails off many of the roads there.

I'd go to the village center and stop in at the bike shop if I were you.

Here's a link to their site on the issue.
    http://www.waterville.com/summer-pla...er-biking.html

They also have a an outdoor skatepark, so bring along the boards/scooters if the kids are into that stuff too. They sometimes try to keep bikes out when skate camp is going on, but pretty sure that's all done for the season now.
    Most of the trails are pretty tame; you guys can have a good time exploring around the valley and up off lower Livermore Rd. Livermore is also a really mellow way down if you take the lift up for a run (you get one free lift ride if you're renting a room in the Valley). Top part is a little rocky, but my son had no problem w/ it when he was 4. Really pretty up there too.
    Slapheadmofo Leisure Team
    Sinister Bikes
    Wachusett Brewing
    Sunday River Bike Park

New link as the old one I posted is gone. http://www.waterville.com/summer-pla...chairlift.html

Off topic, but you can also hike Tecumsah, a handsome spire-type peak that you can admire afterwards from the valley. Also ski-fanatics (at the 93 exit) rents kayaks & drops you point to point There is a nice run south on the Pemi ending back at Ski-fanatics. Good colors and rope swings if you are bold enough to jump in. Youth appropriate. Get a double kayak if you have a real little one. Investigate Sandwich notch for a bike ride. My kids are older, but one of our favorite memories from the WV village was sitting in the family van watching 3 black bears dumpster dining.

Thanks. I will check the Tecumsah hike. My kids are too little to kayak in October. 2,6,7 years old.
    I will get a half day or so to go riding off by myself, and I want to optimize it, not search around on some old rutted snowmobile trails.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post
    Off topic, but you can also hike Tecumsah, a handsome spire-type peak that you can admire afterwards from the valley. Also ski-fanatics (at the 93 exit) rents kayaks & drops you point to point There is a nice run south on the Pemi ending back at Ski-fanatics. Good colors and rope swings if you are bold enough to jump in. Youth appropriate. Get a double kayak if you have a real little one. Investigate Sandwich notch for a bike ride. My kids are older, but one of our favorite memories from the WV village was sitting in the family van watching 3 black bears dumpster dining.

Default Nordic Trails Map

Quote Originally Posted by jh_on_the_cape View Post
    Is there a map of the trails somewhere online?

http://www.waterville.com/nordic/nordic-trail-map.html

Went this weekend. Riding was pretty lame. You ride these boggy mowed wide XC trails. No real singletrack apart from the elephant rock trail. Ride up the slow lift takes 15 minutes. 5 minutes to get down. I did that a few times, then I asked the guy operating the lift, and he showed me a unmarked trail, that was just OK. He admitted that the riding in WV is not good in terms of real singletrack. He said he goes to Highland.
    Hiking was fun. Cascade trail was great with the family. Lots of stuff to do with kids, ice arena, pool, etc.
    Fun place. I rode for a couple of hours and had fun, but beyond that I would have to drive to Highland.

+ Reply to Thread