Closed Thread

Thread: I need to rent or buy Cargo case

Hybrid View

Wink I need to rent or buy Cargo case

I need to rent for 10 days or buy a hard shell cargo case before may 2010,please email me if you can help me,i live near worcester,ma.

thank you

saprissa26@yahoo.com
    Last edited by Darvin M; January 9th, 2010 at 09:52 AM.

Default I have a case

Its corrugated polyethelene not hard ,but its available . If taken many overseas trips with it ,with no problems. Harry

Are you looking for a hard bike case or a car rooftop box?

If it's a rooftop cargo box you need I may have one.

Im looking for a hard case bike,i have a trip planned or May 15th until the 25th,i'm waiting for "hdmsmz" to get back to me on this, but if anybody else can help me,feel free.

thank you.

I have one of these that I'd like to sell to clear out my bike closet. Only used once, protects the bike very well even if it's not the hard style you mentioned in your original post. I still have tons of cardboard reinforcement material to us with the bag if you're interested.

Thanks Skunky, i have one a very similar to that one, but last year my bike got damage really bad, that's why i'm looking for a hard shell, i rather pay to rent one than buy another chain ring

thank you

Gotcha, understandable. Have a good trip!

I dont have a case to offer, but just wanted to share a travel idea that someone else I know has tried and used successfully;

He has found a way to get his (size Xlarge specialized epic) full suspension mtb to fit into a hard suitcase (no oversize or "bike" charges at all) obviously, it requires a full suspension bike, and a bunch of tools and your time at either end of your trip...for him, it saved a lot of money, since he was traveling with his bike a lot.

Here's what he does. Takes the seatpost, fork/bar/stem, the whole rear swingarm assembly & the shock off of the frame. Takes the skewers out of the wheels.
    Everything gets wrapped and carefully packed into the case. Smaller bits go into separate bag. It goes right through as regular baggage.

Of course, with the recent airline fees going sky high for regular checked baggage, I dont know if this still saves money...
    "Everyone I know in bicycling is at least a little bit crazy, present company included." Sheldon Brown

semass

Closed Thread