Yesterday I saw that my seat post is noticeably bent back. It's enough that I can not push the post in past where it currently is. This is an Easton EA50 350 length 27.2 post that I bought new early this year (May/June) when my bike's original post bent about 45 back after a poor landing off a tiny drop. It's not top of the line, but it should last more than 3-4 months.

The first one I chalked up to the fact that I was riding with it right at the min insertion line. The Easton, however, is a lot longer, had a lot more post in the frame, and was not at min insertion.

I ride a lot of XC, including moderate obsticles, but I'm not into big stunts, freestyle, dirt jumping, or anything else that would obviously overstress the bike. I'm sure switching to a full suspension frame would help, but in the meantime I'd like to get a seat post that lasts an entire season.

I'm 6'4", so I need to raise the seat quite a bit, but I'm not heavy for my height - 195-205lbs. I've seen plenty of riders closer to 250. What are those guys using?