Closed Thread

Thread: Rear Shock or Frame

Hybrid View

Default Rear Shock or Frame

My 5" rear shock just crapped out on me and I don't think its worth it to repair. I'm looking to replace the shock or just get another frame to swap my parts over to. Looking for a large/x-large.

I have an 2000 specialized enduro , $150, can send pics
    Quote Originally Posted by jerseygirl
    That is the last time I follow someone called "Splat" through a mud puddle. Bad omen.

Quote Originally Posted by kverity View Post
    My 5" rear shock just crapped out on me and I don't think its worth it to repair. I'm looking to replace the shock or just get another frame to swap my parts over to. Looking for a large/x-large.
    I have a fox rp3 for sale, PM me if you want.

I have a Rock Shox Ario 2.1 with rebound adjustment, used 2 seasons, in excellent condition, 7 3/8" eye-to-eye length. Will take $50

Kent that shock sounds like it might work out. PM me with some contact info.

Just to maybe save you some trouble - you shouldn't buy a shock without knowing what eye-to-eye length you need or what stroke your bike requires. If you don't know that offhand, you should post up the make model and year of your bike. 5" of travel can be provided in a whole buncha different ways. I'm gonna assume you need either a 7.5 or a 7.875 eye to eye with a 2.25" stroke, since that's fairly common on 5" travel bikes. Could be something different tho, depending.

Another thing to watch for is the way your shock is mounted and what hardware is required Ė this stuff is not standard either. If you donít want to end up on a fruitless hardware search trying to mount 5th Element Air shock on a bike that came with a Fox, you might want to post what make/model of shock you have currently and what frame itís for. On the same note, if youíve got a bike like some FSRs that came with an air shock that runs thru a hole in the seattube, you may not have enough room to put a coil-over shock thru the same hole. If you were happy with the performance of you previous shock, itís probably you best bet to replace it with the same thing.
    Slapheadmofo Leisure Team
    Sinister Bikes
    Wachusett Brewing
    Sunday River Bike Park

Closed Thread