This is from a member in Bolton.
PMC Kids – Bolton Ride Information
SUNDAY, JUNE 8, 2008
(rain date 6/14/08)
Rider Check-in starts at 11:30 am
The Pan Massachusetts Challenge Kids Rides are charity bike rides that raise money to fight cancer. There are PMC Kids Rides taking place across 28 cities and towns in Massachusetts and Southern NH during the month of June. The PMC Kids Rides give children a way to become activists for charity at an early age, while doing something fun and athletic! All proceeds from the PMC Kids-Bolton Ride will benefit the Pan-Massachusetts Challenge, which supports cancer research and treatment at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute through its Jimmy Fund. All children ages 2-14 are welcome to participate! This year Charlotte O'Shea a 4 year old Bolton girl will be the PMC Bolton Kids Ride Pedal Partner. Charlotte was diagnosed with a cancerous brain tumor at the age of 2, she has received treatment at the Jimmy Fund Clinic and is doing well. Charlotte will be riding on June 8 with her three siblings, James, Katherine, and Will, as well as many of their friends on Team Charlotte. Please come join us for the day and 3 ROUTE OPTIONS:
- Tykes & Trikes – for 2-4 years old or those who are not comfortable riding any significant distance on their own. This will be a short ride directly in front of Florence Sawyer school. Will last about 15 minutes. Children can ride on own or be pushed by an adult. Those that gain confidence and decide they would like to participate in the Hardtop Challenge are welcome.
- Hardtop Challenge - This loop around Florence Sawyer school is approximately a ½ mile. The route will be on all paved surfaces. The riders will be able to complete continuous loops around this course as many times as they would like during the designated timeframe. This ride is for ages 4-14 with or without training wheels. All participants must ride on their own.
- Ultimate Bolton Challenge – – recommended for those 9 years old and up who have a mountain or hybrid bicycle. This ride will start at the same place as the Hardtop Challenge but will divert off-road around Derby Field and through the trails out to the sheep fields and back around to the school. One time around this route will be approximately 1 mile and more demanding due to the off-road terrain.
· REGISTER ONLINE at https://kids.pmc.org,
Select kids rides and Bolton Ride
Attached to this email you will find paper registration forms, sponsor sheet, and waiver. Online registration is preferred but paper registrations are acceptable and should be mailed to Kristen Keane, 239 S Bolton Rd, Bolton MA 01740.
- Registration fee - $10, all who register by May 31st will receive a PMC Kids t-shirt NEW THIS YEAR – HEAVY HITTER PROGRAM – all those who raise $250 or more will be recognized as a Heavy Hitter and will be invited to a "Heavy Hitters" Celebration. All riders must submit a signed waiver form to Kristen Keane, 239 S Bolton Rd, Bolton MA 01740.
- All riders must have a helmet.