+ Reply to Thread

Thread: road bike - 57 cm or so

Hybrid View

Default road bike - 57 cm or so

i have been trying on ebay to score a road bike, thought i would try here. $1000 budget. pref. campy equipped, but 8 speed or so is fine. steel or ti (ti too pricey, tho). something cool and exotic like an old colnago, IF or old merlin. threaded headset OK. i really want a complete bike, but would consider something close to complete.

for reference, i currently ride a surly cross check as my road bike and am looking for something more roadie. also, the surly is a 56 and a little small.

i also would like to have not too much saddle to bar drop.

just a shot in the dark here. i live on the cape and would prefer to do a local transaction. i could drive to somewhere south of boston if need be.

what do you have in the old bike shed? i have just missed some bikes that fit my description on ebay, so i think i am within reason.

PM me or reply to this with some contact info and i will contact you

I've got a super sweet, limited edition Rocky Mountain Turbo that is from the late 90's. It isn't complete but I have Campy brakes and derailleurs for it. Just need to pry it away from MrsCouch.

-Couch

Quote Originally Posted by CouchingTiger View Post
    I've got a super sweet, limited edition Rocky Mountain Turbo that is from the late 90's. It isn't complete but I have Campy brakes and derailleurs for it. Just need to pry it away from MrsCouch.

-Couch
    size? do shimano levers pull campy brakes OK? sorry, i am no roadie. i could use the parts from the surly

Size is a 57cm. We have had it on display (literally in a display rack) for the past few years. Paint is the really nice translucent red-white maple leaf job. It is made of Easton superlite tubing with a Kestrel EMS carbon fork and was their top of the line at the time. Brakes are brakes and I even think that the throw on the derailleurs is the same (Campy vs. Shimano, though SRAM is different).

Quote Originally Posted by CouchingTiger View Post
    Size is a 57cm. We have had it on display (literally in a display rack) for the past few years. Paint is the really nice translucent red-white maple leaf job. It is made of Easton superlite tubing with a Kestrel EMS carbon fork and was their top of the line at the time. Brakes are brakes and I even think that the throw on the derailleurs is the same (Campy vs. Shimano, though SRAM is different).
    that's aluminum, right?

Jason - you might have luck by visiting the Serotta forum at http://www.serotta.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6

I'm not sure what's currently available in your size, but the classified section over there is great for high quality used road bikes/parts.

This might get it done. Maybe offer $700.00 and use your remaining 300 to put towards some decent wheels and components.

http://www.serotta.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35919

Keep an eye out for your Cape Cod Craigslist too.

I picked up an old but nice Specialized Sirrus road bike via C-list for $60 complete! Nice lugged steel frame to boot!

Cheers,

Mark
    Last edited by MMcG; November 21st, 2007 at 02:48 PM.

+ Reply to Thread