The Certified Technician (CT) has primary responsibility for operating the store’s service department so as to maintain high quality and safety standards and deliver exceptional service to customers in small to medium volume stores. In some stores the CT will oversee the rental department as well.
Full-time with a minimum availability of 32 hrs/wk. May include some evenings and weekends.
Starting pay varies, dependent on skills and experience. We offer Competitive retail wages and great benefits!
The following knowledge, skills and abilities listed in priority order, have been identified as those qualifications that would most enable an individual to be successful in this job. Applicants will possess a strong combination of all or most of the skills to be competitive in the selection process.
· Successful completion of Barnett Bicycle Institute/REI certification within 6 months of hire
· Qualified applicants should have 2-3 years bike and/or ski shop experience or equivalent and previous shop management experience is preferred.
· Proven problem-solving ability: effectively identifying, analyzing, following through and resolving issues and a proven ability to show attention to detail
· Interest in working in an environment committed to providing a superior sales and service experience while increasing sales through service.
· Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and develop others, and build a strong shop team.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule (evenings and weekends)
· Demonstrated experience and commitment to stellar
· Knowledge of REI products and services is a plus!
Please submit an application at REI.com\jobs"2412" or at the store or fax your materials by :
West Hartford REI Temp Office
333 N. Main St. Ste. 60
West Hartford, CT 06117
(860) 523-0792 ph (860) 523-0285 fax
REI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer