+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling all new forum members...

Hybrid View

Default Calling all new forum members...

I see a whole bunch of new folks registering for the forums for that photo contest - why don't you come on in and introduce yourself -

Where do you ride?
    Have any more pics?
    Take any good biking trips?
    ....and most importantly - what bike do you ride?

John
    (I'd answer all those questions myself, but I think you could find out easily enough by doing a search).
    Big Strings, Big Wheels, The Jisch Blog

Well, I joined up to the boards and as a NEMBA member after lurking on the boards a bit. Im a member on mtbr.com. ANyways I ride mostly in SEMASS. But when IM able I plan on going all over NE. So far the only good trip I had was too Otis down the Cape. I have some pics, but they are mostly scenery pics, like the current trail conditions and such. I ride a 2005 Fetish Obsession. The pic i posted for the contest, is an old one. I havent got any of its current look. I think Slappy posted one of me at Otis.

Been here for a while, but I'll take a turn. Ride a 06 Gemini in the woods and a ss On-One Gimp for the rest. Live in Hamden, Ct and ride West Rock and the local parks mostly. Usually hit Trumbull and Tyler Mill at least once a month and occasionally take trips for lift served.

Hey, just moved to boston from pittsburgh, pa and am hoping to find all the places to ride in the area. I ride a 1996 trek Y single speed. I took a winter trip a few months back to Sedona, AZ. It was amazing, got to ride every day for a week in 60-70 degree weather.

well i been lurkin here for a little while and i just started really riding but last nov i got a trek. and now that its finally warming up (im not one for winter riding) im hoping to ride at massasoit.

well i joined back in december after hearing about this site through a fellow forum member of another site. i original got on various mtn bike forums from taking photos of a friend of mine and posting them up for him. eventually, i started getting more interested in the actual riding aspect (though my love is still first with photographing mtn bikers). i am going to school for massage therapy and hope to focus my career in the sports/athletic areas. i went on my first real trail ride a couple of weeks ago while on vacation in TX. It was a blast. didn't realize how frightening it would be...the teeter totter was fantastic...the times i hit it dead on. i had one major spill with it and one root kicked my butt and sent me tumbling down a little hill...but all in all it was a great time riding and i hope to continue here once the warmer weather gets here. although, i don't have anyone to ride with...and though i've been to trumbull and mianus...it was to take photos...so i don't know the trails well enough to ride alone. i live in stratford, CT...divorcing with 2 kids.

oh...and my bike...we don't want to go there. it's at least 10 years old and bought at a sports store. it is completely different than the bike loaned to me in texas!

here's video of some of my rides in TX...

http://www.ridefoto.com/smf/index.php?topic=310.0
    "life is not the amount of breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away."

Brian Burns here, I ride a 07 epic carbon! WOOT! She is HOT!

I ride mostly on Cape Cod. I spend a lot of time in the Otis woods, and a good deal of time in the Long Pond Woods. I am sure I have seen a lot of you out there (otis). I am the guy with the Red Doberman and pockets full of trash from the slobs!

My best trip was to Killington last season. Its what got me BACK into Mt.biking, and what got the wife into it with me. We rode UP mt.killington, it was like 5 miles up! It took us almost 3 hours to get up the Mt, and like 20 minutes to come down! The whole climb up I am telling my Wife, come on hunny... MMM.. just think about the Lunch in the lodge (I was starving)... The whole ride up I was just thinking about what I am going to eat/drink.. MMM beer.... Well we get to the top, and I realize my freaking wallet is in the truck! I tried to get the wife to go get it but she told me to go pound sand lol, it was a blast though. Next time I am taking a lift though! LoL. I also road at Mt.Snow, and that was a great ride too. I plan on heading all over NE this spring for some riding and down south to MD (family down there) I wanna hit up kingdom trails, and that other trail system in NH (I can't remember the name). I will get some pics up soon. I love taking pics, so I have a lot of them, I just never post... lol.

hey! I've been spending most of the time i do get on the comp over on the busted boards but a member here wanted me to post up a picture of him. I'm in Franklin MA, a freshman in high school. I primarily ride trials, when im not riding im doing schoolwork, and trying to goof with the camera. The past summer i worked for the LBS, hopefully again this summer. A few of my favorite pictures are up here, the first one is me riding, taken by me... crazy! http://www.flickr.com/photos/7258852@N07/show/
    I'm pretty much a homework dweeb, but i'll try to find time to drop in here. Some older pics of me for those interested

aaand the bikes(well most of em)

(sorry for the long post)

Quote Originally Posted by miker27 View Post
    hey! ....

(sorry for the long post)
    Good stuff, thanks for posting. Trials riding is amazing stuff, love to watch people do it.

Nice looking Elsworth. Maybe you could give a few of us some tips.
    "I'll watch some TV, it'll help me to RELAX!" - Ren Hoek

+ Reply to Thread