Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the area...looking for Flow!

Yo all,

Im new to the region and i'm looking for trails with some flow in the seacoast area. So far I've ridden the Rt 1 side of Lynn Woods (parked at Fat Cactus) - no flow. Mt Agemeticus 2nd and 3rd hill - no flow.

Not to sound like a pussy, but is everything out here this rocky? you cant build up any momentum on this stuff!

I'm going to try Ft Rock tonight, any suggestions for loops with some flow?

-O

If by flow you mean less rock, then try Willowdale in Ipswich. FR is rocky but certainly flows.

Comment

Kingman Farm, Madbury, NH trails are fast & race like. UNH uses them and races on them. You should be able to maintain a good speed.

Comment

Rocky, hhahhaaahaaa, welcome to New England the granite capital of the world. Ft rock, think about that. Yes, willowdale is nice. Russell mill in Chelmsford. Land locked Forest in Bedford MA. Show up for some of our group rides, We will give you a tour. Our NS group has a trail work day/ ride at willowdale this sunday.
        SS rule the dirt!

Comment

Flow is where you make it Daniel-san.

Check out FOMBA trails too.
          And make sure to take a trip up to the Kingdom in VT at some point.
          Slapheadmofo Leisure Team
          Sinister Bikes
          Wachusett Brewing
          Sunday River Bike Park

Comment

Bear Brook up in Allenstown, NH is worth the trip. If you don't want to go as far, also check out Musquash in Londonderry, NH.

Comment

Hope you found some good trails at Ft. Rock. I think there's lots of flow there if you do north of 101 clockwise. Long stretches where it feels like it's all downhill (even though it's not).

Comment

Best flow, less rocks Musquash in Londonderry. New trails are and ongoing thing and being done by area riders, NEMBA and the Londonderry Conservation Committee member "Big Mike".
                "Age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill"

Comment

Fomba and the VT kingdom trails would be at the top of my flow list.

Comment

Originally posted by Oregonian View Post
                    Yo all,

Im new to the region and i'm looking for trails with some flow in the seacoast area. So far I've ridden the Rt 1 side of Lynn Woods (parked at Fat Cactus) - no flow. Mt Agemeticus 2nd and 3rd hill - no flow.

Not to sound like a pussy, but is everything out here this rocky? you cant build up any momentum on this stuff!

I'm going to try Ft Rock tonight, any suggestions for loops with some flow?

-O
                    Well what kind of flow are you looking for? Its not too common up here to see anything like what you see on the west coast. Two places that are true flow but lift access are Kingdom Trails and Burke Mtn. in East Burke VT and then right here in Northfield NH you have Highland Bike Park. Both places have trails and then lift access riding. There really isnt anything that is on public land with the kind of flow you see on the west coast. There are some trails that have flowy sections but like I said its not like the west coast where everything you see is fast and flowy.

Comment

Franklin Falls in central NH is smooth, fast and flowy.

Comment

Working...
                      X