Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOMBA trails closed for rainy season

FOMBA update:

Jack from FOMBA informed me that the FOMBA trails have been posted closed for the rainy season until further notice, most likely early May.

Please do not ride the trails even though they may seem dry. FOMBA is allowed to use the land as long as there is no damage done. Riding the trails in the rainy season can cause excessive wear and tear.

-Tyler

Got it. Thank you.

Comment

Rode it yesterday, it's in great shape. With the exception of woodpecker and the double track was in bad shape. How odd considering those are mostly used by snowmobiles during the winter..... May, that's laughable on it's face. Anyone who would project sixty days out based on their current condition, either has an agenda or doesn't know what they are talking about.

Comment

I'd say he knows what hes talking about seeing as FOMBA is almost always closed until early May. No agenda. Just Waterworks land, Waterworks rules. Singletrack there doesn't drain all that well and it wouldn't take much moisture to take those trails from their seemingly ready status now to something you'd need to stay off of and it doesn't make sense to try and open and close the trails constantly so might as well keep it closed until you know you are in the clear. Plenty of riding to be had from May on.

Hopefully everyone uses their best judgement and we don't strain our relationship with the Waterworks anymore than it already is...
        http://www.cnhnemba.org

http://manarea.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks for the update! I was actually about to ask what the conditions were like as I was thinking of heading up there very soon.....now I know.

Comment

Well, I am optimistic about when they open. They look great considering the time of year. One thing we can be sure of is, the season will be here sooner rather than later in all areas. Now if we can just avoid a freak month of solid rain in June or July, life is good.

Comment

Originally posted by alvinnf View Post
              Rode it yesterday, it's in great shape. With the exception of woodpecker and the double track was in bad shape. How odd considering those are mostly used by snowmobiles during the winter..... May, that's laughable on it's face. Anyone who would project sixty days out based on their current condition, either has an agenda or doesn't know what they are talking about.
              Excuse me if this comes out like I'm really POed but I am BLOWN AWAY that a member of this forum would actually argue with my first post. I did not say that FOMBA is closed based on the current conditions, I said they are closed for the rainy season. Ever heard "april showers bring may flowers"? Instead of taking a chance by allowing people to ride muddy trails in April its better to just shut the trails down and play is safe. Manchester Water Works allows the use of this land by bikers and they can take that away if there is excessive wear and tear. RESPECTFUL bikers will follow the rules and stay off the trails. Its people like you that cause issues with the places we ride. Be a good member of the biking community and STAY OFF THE CLOSED TRAILS.

-Tyler

Comment

Originally posted by redridercr250r View Post
                Excuse me if this comes out like I'm really POed but I am BLOWN AWAY that a member of this forum would actually argue with my first post. I did not say that FOMBA is closed based on the current conditions, I said they are closed for the rainy season. Ever heard "april showers bring may flowers"? Instead of taking a chance by allowing people to ride muddy trails in April its better to just shut the trails down and play is safe. Manchester Water Works allows the use of this land by bikers and they can take that away if there is excessive wear and tear. RESPECTFUL bikers will follow the rules and stay off the trails. Its people like you that cause issues with the places we ride. Be a good member of the biking community and STAY OFF THE CLOSED TRAILS.

-Tyler
                My crystal ball is cloudy. According to you, I'll ride them anyway, your reading comprehension seems off.

Comment

Is there any trail maintenance going on during this time.

Comment

I dont think right now, but you might want to go to Fomba.org and shoot them an email.

Comment

dont hold your breath waiting for a reply

Comment

Wonderful weather yesterday, today and in the foreseeable future. It would be nice to see things crank up early at places that are rider sensitive. Any wedge that is being formed at Fomba is being caused by those individuals who think it's ok to put in illegal trails. For me if the weather stays nice and the trails open up earlier than in years past. It is a sign that the trust is still there.

Comment

Just a heads up, Exeter Fort rock and bear brook are still open and the conditions of the trails are great, although I expect Exeter trails will be closed soon. As for Bear brook I'm not sure their trail system ever closes.

Comment

Originally posted by redridercr250r View Post
                            Just a heads up, Exeter Fort rock and bear brook are still open and the conditions of the trails are great, although I expect Exeter trails will be closed soon. As for Bear brook I'm not sure their trail system ever closes.
                            Bear Brook is in mid June shape, just rode it. Not allot of water or mud or anything for that matter. The only two areas of concern would be the boardwalk out on the beaver pond loop, dangerous. Then the second would be about 100 yrd section on Hemlock that needs to be cleaned up. Hat's off to whomever cleared the last section, nice work. There is one little section left that needs some love. I am surprised it's not closed to horsies this time of year, they tend to post hole some of the more solid double track sections, like pitch pine. Destructive critters.

Comment

Although we seem to have our differences you seem to ride as much as I do. We should meet up sometime.

Comment

Working...
                              X