Horse Hill Merrimack

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horse Hill Merrimack

Just a quick update for 3/10/12. The snow is melted, however there are sections that are a bit muddy. Needs a couple days to dry out. Still was very fun and temps were great today.

as a follow up. I want to start riding on a regular basis at horse hill on wed nights (once the trails are dry enough). Thinking about riding at approx 5:30pm meeting up at the amherst road parking lot. Any interest?

Comment

Sure. It is open now.
      However this Wednesday I have some drainage work to do so I will not be riding but if you do the full loop you should see me out there. I finished bridging a wet section on the loop this weekend and I will be starting work on a curlvert where the beaver is making a mess off of Abby Lane.
      -Matt
      Do or Do Not, There is No Try! -Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by mcstumpy View Post
        Sure. It is open now.
        However this Wednesday I have some drainage work to do so I will not be riding but if you do the full loop you should see me out there. I finished bridging a wet section on the loop this weekend and I will be starting work on a curlvert where the beaver is making a mess off of Abby Lane.
        -Matt
        Ah so that's where the new bridges came from. I rode on Sunday and things were looking good. Let me know if you have any other trail maint days. I would love to start helping out.

Comment

i have never ridden here. Trails good? Worth a 30min drive? I usually ride bear brook, fort rock, and FOMBA.

Comment

if you are looking for a change its nice. smaller than the other ride spots you mentioned but its 2 hills with trails up and down both sides and then a 4+ mile loop around the middle that is 50/50 doubletrack singletrack.
            It's a nice little spot if you are looking to mix it up. So if you like the mix i would say yes its worth 30 minutes in the cage.
            -Matt
            Do or Do Not, There is No Try! -Yoda

Comment

Working...
            X