Info on Natchaug St Forest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info on Natchaug St Forest

Anyone ride this place? Is it worth it? Many trails/technical? Appreciate any feedback.

It's a big area with quite a few trails, but it's not heavily ridden, so the trails can be hard to find without a local guide. Trails are XC oriented with some serious rock sections. CT NEMBA is doing a group ride from the Goodwin Forest Conservation Education Center on Potter Rd. (just off Rt 6) in Hampton, CT on June 3 for National Trails weekend, and that ride would give you a taste of the Natchaug network. If you're going to be in the Natchaug area before that and want to do some exploring, post up here and I'll try to set something up.

Comment

Thanks heckler! I'm over in RI and just looking for new places - I seldom ever venture into CT. I heard Case is a great place to ride. True? I'll definitely be going to the Goodwin ride to get a feel for the area.

Comment

Hi Al,

Is the Goodwin ride still on for June 3rd? What time does the ride start?

Thanks!
        Jill

Comment

Jill, the ride is on, starting at 9:30. We'll start out with a beginner oriented loop for about an hour, followed by an advanced ride led by Glenn Newcombe, who has an encyclopedic knowledge of Goodwin and Natchaug trails.

Comment

Thanks for the info Al!

Comment

Working...
            X