Chainring and Cog

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chainring and Cog

I think I'm going to be in the market for a single speed 14T cog and 36T chainring, preferably from Surly, but will take mechanics' word on comparable quality. Should I expect an LBS to have those parts in stock, or should I save myself the hassle and skip right to ordering them online?

The LBS is not likely to have exactly what you need in stock. If you're going to order online, pay for shipping and wait a week, you might as well have your LBS order the stuff from QBP for approximately the same cost.
    In some mysterious way woods have never seemed to me to be static things. In physical terms, I move through them; yet in metaphysical ones, they seem to move through me.
    John Fowles

Comment

Originally posted by pulsepro View Post
      you might as well have your lbs order the stuff from qbp for approximately the same cost.
      qbp?

Comment

I think the surly cogs are the best out there. I use the ss wide base ones for cassettes. You running that set up for dirt? They have a nice wide base and you can flip them for chain alignment.
        SS rule the dirt!

Comment

Originally posted by leebo View Post
          I think the surly cogs are the best out there. I use the ss wide base ones for cassettes. You running that set up for dirt? They have a nice wide base and you can flip them for chain alignment.
          Actually, I'm planning to re-gear my Monocog for 60/40 road commute/trail ride. Some other forums where people have done this recommend the Surly parts, although if I go online I could order a Full Spead Ahead chainring, which is the same brand as what's stock on the Monocog.

Comment

I think that Harris Cyclery would 'surly' have both in stock...big single speeders and Surly dealers.

Comment

Quality Bicycle Products. They're the largest wholesale distributors to LBSs and the parent company of Surly and Salsa.
              In some mysterious way woods have never seemed to me to be static things. In physical terms, I move through them; yet in metaphysical ones, they seem to move through me.
              John Fowles

Comment

Struck out at Harris Cyclery. Think I'm going to go with ModernBike and maybe the FSA chainring with Surly cog.

Comment

Working...
                X