Great Glen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Glen

I have a little birdie in my ear telling me it would be a good idea to ride the 24 hours of great glen this year. I would be doing it on a rigid single speed, and preferably on a team. This is probably going to be the last summer I can do something like this for a little while which is why I am considering it. It also looks like a blast. Does anyone have some insight?

Thanks,

SSnoob.

Re:Great Glen

I'm doing it this year for the first time with my girlfriend and 3 other friends. Nowhere near as hardcore as rigid singlespeed, and we're not really planning to be competitive. We're doing the 5 person coed open class. Mostly just doing it for the experience and an excuse to camp, hang out, and ride a bunch for a weekend.

I think it's going to be fun, but it's my first race of any sort, so I don't have much perspective to offer. One of my teammates raced on team Irish Curse last year and they were semi-competitive in the men's 4 person sport class. He said it's a lot of fun and encouraged us to give it a try this year.

Comment

[quote author=Prefect link=board=33;threadid=7086;start=0#52004 date=1121373459]One of my teammates raced on team Irish Curse last year [/quote]

Is that a team of people with really short seatposts?

Thanks for the response.

I would be out for the ride, not really to set any records. It would be my first race too.

Anyone else?

Comment

I'd love to - if that wasn't my only 'free' weekend of August. If I keep leaving to go biking for the weekend, my girlfriend is going to fire me. :
        Alright, bike. Who's riding who here?????

Comment

I wish I knew you would have been interested.
          I've done it the past 3 years (4 man sport), but on wimp, I mean former team mate said he was out, then another........

So I'm going to Pedro's instead.

Next year.....you will have fun, it is a very fun and challenging race. I think the course is a great mix of terrain.

-dan
          Southern NH NEMBA & My LBS & My Blog & Single Speed Alliance

Comment

Thanks for the info Dan,

It is kind of a last minute fascination of mine. My job is going to increase in intesity significantly next summer, so I am frantically searching for things to fill my time, as if a wife and two kids were not enough.

Did you do it on your single speed, or was this pre single speed?

If I can not find someone local to do it with, I will probably end up doing a day up at KT instead (win, win).

I have thought of joining it solo as Team D.F.L., but my wife would probably worry so much she would make herself ill.

Thanks again,

SSnoob

Comment

It sounds like you have the right mindset (TO HAVE FUN!!)
              So you should enjoy yourself, go for it.

It was pre-SS, but if I was going to do it this year, I would bring both Geared FS and SS hardtail.

My wife told me I can't do it solo unitl my youngest is 3.
              I have no idea what that has to do with me riding a mtn bike for 24 hours, but that's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it for another year.

-dan
              Southern NH NEMBA & My LBS & My Blog & Single Speed Alliance

Comment

Working...
              X